I have 15 days to exchange my S4 for an HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
S4 is much nicer in hand. I know all you're gonna say is plastic plastic blah blah but the fact is it feels nicer lighter and more comfortable in hand.

Nope no blah blah's from me. Plastic, aluminum...when it pertains to feel in hand its all personal preference. No facts involved To me the feel of the aluminum is nice and more desirable than the plastic opposite of your own choice. You know what, that makes us both right ;)

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope no blah blah's from me. Plastic, aluminum...when it pertains to feel in hand its all personal preference. No facts involved To me the feel of the aluminum is nice and more desirable than the plastic opposite of your own choice. You know what, that makes us both right ;)

Yes sirr, desirable would be the correct term for aliminum.

GS4 Love

ecb1171

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
If your happy with the S4, then stick with it. As many others have pointed out, 6 months from now there are going to be phones that will be better spec'd than both the S4 and HTC One.

Certainly a downside of Android is that phones iterate much more quickly than on iOS and that makes it tough for those, like myself, that are a little phone obsessed. In the end, you've puchased a top level phone that should recieve support for the life of your contract, so enjoy it for what it is now !

That being said, if you find yourself not being happy with the S4, the HTC One is a great phone to move to. I've had both and ended up with the HTC One because the S4 just didn't work well with my WiFi router and car's head unit. Despite that fact, both the S4 and HTC One are great phones

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not really; a lot of S4 owners have complained about outdoor brightness and readability (that results from lack of brightness).

This is false. Brightness or lack thereof does not determine legibility outdoors. You have to take into account how much light is reflected off of the screen. Don't forget the S4 uses current generation gorilla glass whereas then one uses the older generation. This probably explains why the reviews favor the S4 in bright sun and is consistent with my experience.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
This is false. Brightness or lack thereof does not determine legibility outdoors. You have to take into account how much light is reflected off of the screen. Don't forget the S4 uses current generation gorilla glass whereas then one uses the older generation. This probably explains why the reviews favor the S4 in bright sun and is consistent with my experience.

But most reviews DON'T favor the S4 in bright sun. And to say brightness does not determine legibility, as if it wasn't even a factor just isn't true. Of course brightness matters. But so does reflectivity and your sunglass test, something I will now do with all my phone purchases going forward. Never thought of that issue before, so I am glad you brought it up! Like I said before, I think this is the reason for the different review results. You are looking at things from the sunglasses perspective. I get the impression that a lot of reviewers are not.

So on your S4, how good is the view with sunglasses on compared to say, inside the house? I assume there is some loss in quality even with less reflectivity. But how much?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I thought it was because of the display technology. Super OLED is harder to see in direct sunlight when compared to the LCD display.

Sent from my HTC One

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I know its just that I going to be locked to this phone for two years. I want to make sure im getting the best one possible..
The HTC One is a superior phone to the S4. Signal strength, smoothness, screen quality, audio quality are all better.

If I were you, I'd return the S4, wait a few days and then buy the HTC One. I wouldn't want to be 'stuck' with any device because I chose to exchange it.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the above. That S4 is laggy. I tried it out at ATT. get the One.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Again try both for yourself then make your decision. Don't listen to these people telling you what to get. As I said I had the One then went to the S4 because I preferred it. I didn't follow the trend, I didn't listen to reviews I used my own experience. Use yours

Posted via Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Dont confuse brightness with readability. The one is brighter but suffers from too much glare. With polarized lenses on the s4 is easier to see outside.

Posted via Android Central App
Just isn't true!
The one is eay to read in sunlight....i've had no issues with or without sunglasses! I won't speak on the SG4 as i have only read the reviews about poor performance in sunlight, however, i have not witnessed it.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just isn't true!
The one is eay to read in sunlight....i've had no issues with or without sunglasses! I won't speak on the SG4 as i have only read the reviews about poor performance in sunlight, however, i have not witnessed it.

So then how can you possibly declare my statement as untrue? You admit you havent tested the S4. I own and use BOTH devices therefore I would know. Thanks.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
You're only allowed one exchange. From there he would have to sell the phone and hope he gets enough to buy the other up front.

OP, have you used the one in person? If not, I suggest going in store and getting some hands on with it. Remember, it doesn't matter what everyone else says about the phone. It's what functions best suit your needs. Kind of sounds to me like the s4 suits your needs, but everyone else opinions are swaying you to reconsider.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Not necessarily true. I've had times where I've had done one exchange and I was going to return it because I didn't like the phone I exchanged it for. So they let me get a different one. It depends on who u talk to.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So then how can you possibly declare my statement as untrue? You admit you havI'ment tested the S4. I own and use BOTH devices therefore I would know. Thanks.

You are absolutely right you are a" know it all" and we know how everyone feels about a" know it all"..
That aside, I don't need to do another gs4/ one comparison test to know whether or not the One's display is readable in sunlight with sunglasses on.I can test that one on my own! so what's your next comparison? The gs4's display can be viewed better than the One through goggles while 20 feet under water? Lol! .... I'm interested to know if you're also in the gs4 forums boosting the One while discrediting the gs4, since you own both phones? I don't know because I don't peruse both forums...

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Lets not twists other's words so that insults can be made. Please keep the conversation civil and the snide remarks to a minimum. Thanks.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I also own both and will not bash or say wich is my favorite abbd daily driver but will tell yous that the ones screen is way better in sunlight at least with my two phones and my eyes but hay that's just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995