Whatsapp question

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry didn't know where to post so if there is a proper section I request moderaters to move it
I'm running 4.2.2 on my HTC one and I use Whatsapp and when I receive message I pull down notification bar and see the messages there
So the other person will now that I'm reading his/her message or Whatsapp will show me as online ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how WhatsApp interacts with the notifications.

You can try doing that with a friend and see if they see you online or typing.

Posted via Android Central App

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't need to worry there. Whatsapp only shows when the message was delivered to their server for delivery (one check mark) and received by the other device (two check marks). It doesn't show when it was read, like the Blackberry BBM would with the D and R.

Posted via Android Central App

AnnRyan

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a big problem regarding whatsapp, when I re installing the whatsapp, it is showing the error " couldnot connect to the server, error whilst opening ? Can anyone tell me what could be the reason. Please reply urgently.

Prandroid81

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry didn't know where to post so if there is a proper section I request moderaters to move it
I'm running 4.2.2 on my HTC one and I use Whatsapp and when I receive message I pull down notification bar and see the messages there
So the other person will now that I'm reading his/her message or Whatsapp will show me as online ?

I don't think pulling down notification and reading the whatsapp msg will show you as online to the other person. Don't think you appear online until you actually open the app. I'm not 100% certain though.

Love whatsapp btw. Android version of whatsapp is actually better than ios version, imo