NOOB Question

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I almost feel embarrassed starting a thread about something as simple as this but I have checked the One user manual and asked my brother who is more well-versed in Android than I am and I still can't seem to find the answer.

So...

As you know on a desktop PC you can go into the settings of whatever browser you are using and set the home page you want so that every time you launch the browser the page that you set as your default home page will load. Well, on the One I can't seem to find any settings on the stock Sense and Chrome browsers where you can set a default home page. I do have have the xScope Pro and SkyFire browsers and have no problem setting a default home page in the settings of these two browsers but the problem is I really don't use them much. I use Chrome for my everyday browser and the stock Sense browser when I need Flash Support so can you set a default home page in either of these browsers or are you limited to just creating bookmarks?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't set a homepage on Chrome Mobile or Chrome Mobile Beta. Chrome Mobile focuses its attention on the bookmarking or recently visited pages that pop-up for quick access to the sites you want to visit. This might also apply to the stock browser if you can't find a way within settings to set a homepage. I don't have this device so can't independently verify this.

arwen_in_nj

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
On the menu bar of the stock browser press the icon with the 3 squares to get the menu. On the bottom below the check box to enable Flash is "settings". Under "General" you will find the option to set your home page.

Posted from my most awesome HTC One via Android Central App