Runners' Armband - Accessories

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like my old iPhone 4 armband I used to run w/ my phone won't fit the HTC One. Has anyone purchased one that they recommend?

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm more of a running belt kinda person (armbands slip around on me, esp when I wear sunscreen, and are harder to get into to track my workout at the gym when I'm using fitocracy) and I believe that the flipbelt will fit this phone? That page doesn't have reviews, but people with the galaxy SIII seem to report that the one for theirs works well and it's about the same size. I have one (though it's a year old and they weren't specifying different phone brands on their site back then, so it may be thinner than this one), and I'll report once I get my HTC on in the mail on Tuesday.

I also have a spibelt and reviews from galaxy users say it's a tight fit at best, so I'll see. Kind of a bummer cause the spibelt is even easier to get my old phone in and out of with the zipper. Changing songs and starting up runkeeper and charity miles right when I would start was a breeze. The flipbelt has more shimmying involved cause you slide it in through a hole.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I looked at reviews of the spibelt a bit more and people on amazon have been getting galaxy s4s and s3s and a key in them. They expand to to 6.5" x 4" x 2.5" and the HTC one is 5.4" x 2.69" x 0.37", so it should fit. There's also a new large pocket one that would probably leave a more room for other stuff in there, too, as it's a 8.9" pocket (their site doesn't specify if that's what it expands to or if that's just the length!). I will definitely take pictures with my HTC one in both running belts I have (normal spibelt and possibly a thinner/smaller version of the flipbelt than what they offer now) when I get it this week, though, so other people can see how they fare.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, finally took pics.
Flipbelt.
2lav3fk.jpg

2vvuudv.jpg

vx3so.jpg

Again, note this is a year, year and a half old, and they have ones for the galaxy s3/s4 and HTC one now, so they may fit a little less tight than this now. Or they may be the same thing and just making product pages for individual phones to sell more, I don't know. And I left my otterbox on, but I always do, so. That last one shows one of the holes in the best (there's a few) and you shimmy stuff in through there, flip it so the hole is against your body, and since it's tight and stretchy nothing falls out. I like this more than my spibelt for bringing more with me, it's just more work to get things in and out. And this phone is harder to shimmy in and out than my old phone, but again, part of that's due to the otterbox.

And Spibelt:
2wcn24i.jpg

30swppt.jpg

Much easier to get in and out (due to zipper), and seems to be less tight around it. If you're gonna be messing with the phone at all (music app or anything like that), I'd go this route. Downside is you can't fit much around the phone in there, but a key and card or two would do it. I have a roadID so I don't bring a driver's license with me, but if you did, it would fit behind the phone.

Hope this helps someone!

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Much easier to get in and out (due to zipper), and seems to be less tight around it. If you're gonna be messing with the phone at all (music app or anything like that), I'd go this route. Downside is you can't fit much around the phone in there, but a key and card or two would do it. I have a roadID so I don't bring a driver's license with me, but if you did, it would fit behind the phone.

Hope this helps someone!

Does this zipper rub up against the phone while inside? I go without a case, so I wouldn't want there to be a constant connection between the metal zipper and the front or back of the exposed phone.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Does this zipper rub up against the phone while inside? I go without a case, so I wouldn't want there to be a constant connection between the metal zipper and the front or back of the exposed phone.

It kinda touches it, but the phone doesn't really move inside since it's so stretchy (so it stays in place, if that makes sense?) so I wouldn't think there would be rubbing. And it's a plastic zipper, not metal, so if there is contact, I don't think it'd be that abrasive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19