Activate 4G

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when the 4G option will be available on HTC One? Its an unlocked device, but only have the 2G and 3G option.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
That's carrier dependent. The HTC One comes 4G LTE ready out of the box.

So I am guessing it works like this. If I put a sim card of an operator which supports 4G, the option will automatically be enabled, where as an operator that doesn't support it, the option gets automatically disabled right?

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So I am guessing it works like this. If I put a sim card of an operator which supports 4G, the option will automatically be enabled, where as an operator that doesn't support it, the option gets automatically disabled right?

The carrier has to provide the correct bandwidth in order for your phone to get 4g. In example when people were first starting to unlock Iphones to be used on tmobile they weren't getting 3g because the iPhone used 1900mhz which tmobile didn't support at the time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
There's other things to consider as well such as apn settings. It may be easier to get a straight forward answer if we knew which version of the Htc one you have and which carrier you're trying to use it on.

afgzee

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
There's other things to consider as well such as apn settings. It may be easier to get a straight forward answer if we knew which version of the Htc one you have and which carrier you're trying to use it on.

I have HTC One 801n on Three UK. Three have spectrum on 800MHz, 1800MHz, and possibly 2600MHz in the future for their LTE services and 2100MHz for their 3G.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have HTC One 801n on Three UK. Three have spectrum on 800MHz, 1800MHz, and possibly 2600MHz in the future for their LTE services and 2100MHz for their 3G.

Yes! But check the SIM card or call the carrier. I know a friend of mine who had an iPhone years back ordered an S3 and stuck his SIM card in the phone and got no 4G. The SIM card did not support 4G LTE at the time. Or if your post paid and you DO have a 4G SIM card then call the carrier. Data plans can also control this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair