4.2 Delayed?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
True, mostly. One of the things I hate, is the Bluetooth functionality. It's supposed to be improved in 4.2. It's terrible in my car. I'm lucky it can at least stream. I have no controls most of the time. My iPhone was loads better.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
HTC has always been slow (or careful) with updates. As much as I'd like to have 4.2, it needs to be right.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
They never stated for which market is was getting pulled from. Since it is a UK dealer in the article, my guess it would be for the European market. So there is still a chance for end on month release BUT I'm not banking on it.

Just like others have stated, there are a few things I want from 4.2.2 but I'm happy with its current state.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
True, mostly. One of the things I hate, is the Bluetooth functionality. It's supposed to be improved in 4.2. It's terrible in my car. I'm lucky it can at least stream. I have no controls most of the time. My iPhone was loads better.

Yeah, BT sucks. It works but not like it should. Honestly though, Google should have never released 4.1 with half baked software knowing it doesn't work like it should. Then to top it off, they never released anything to fix it. This is kinda like hitting you with a baseball to the eye then while your down, poking it with their middle finger.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have seen both CM10.1 and Revolution HD which are both 4.2.2 ROM's and Revolution HD is the 4.2.2 based sense ROM. Not sure if I will go CM or not, don't truly care for Sense so I am open to alternatives.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea it seems like everyone is always like "GIMME GIMME GIMME" when it comes to new releases. Then when there is a bug or what not they get all bent that they should have taken the time to do the update right.

I for one would rather wait a bit longer and get a quality update with less bugs.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Mine did the same thing (no steering wheel controls worked) until I turned OFF the WiFi while driving to work...Then everything worked. I read somewhere that the WiFi and Bluetooth use the same antenna or something like that. Try turning off your WiFi. It made all the difference with mine using Sync.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I'm pretty happy running 4.1.2. With a custom rom and the Nova launcher I have the best of both worlds.

If you're running a custom ROM, Android Revolution HD is 4.2.2 and works flawlessly. (At least no problems that I've noticed)..

I have seen both CM10.1 and Revolution HD which are both 4.2.2 ROM's and Revolution HD is the 4.2.2 based sense ROM. Not sure if I will go CM or not, don't truly care for Sense so I am open to alternatives.

If you keep Sense, then you get to keep Beats Audio and Zoe. If anyone knows of a stable 4.2.2 Senseless ROM that has these features, please let me know.

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to freak out about this, but it is mostly BS that it didn't come with 4.2.2 and the fact that they aren't getting it out very quickly is going to become very annoying as 4.3 is likely to come out soon and I don't look forward to waiting a calendar year to get that when 5.0 is on the horizon. I'm happy to give HTC a chance, but if I was a betting man I'd say I will end up not buying another HTC if the updates continue to roll out as slowly as they are and have with past devices. Please prove me wrong, HTC, because I love this device!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to freak out about this, but it is mostly BS that it didn't come with 4.2.2 and the fact that they aren't getting it out very quickly is going to become very annoying as 4.3 is likely to come out soon and I don't look forward to waiting a calendar year to get that when 5.0 is on the horizon. I'm happy to give HTC a chance, but if I was a betting man I'd say I will end up not buying another HTC if the updates continue to roll out as slowly as they are and have with past devices. Please prove me wrong, HTC, because I love this device!

You aren't really missing anything! What percent of hand sets, phones actually even run jellybean?
People get so bent out of shape over things that don't matter and if they do matter then get a Nexus device so you will get updates exactly when they are released.
Yes I want a couple of the features that will come with the update. Yes I'm anxious to get them. I'm just happy at this point to have a very smooth phone without any problems. I don't remember having a phone that worked this smooth. It's a flagship phone and the will be updated.
Would you rather have them rush a update real quick with glitches? Then you would be first in line wanting heads to roll because the new update just screwed up your phone... Man..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You aren't really missing anything! What percent of hand sets, phones actually even run jellybean?
People get so bent out of shape over things that don't matter and if they do matter then get a Nexus device so you will get updates exactly when they are released.
Yes I want a couple of the features that will come with the update. Yes I'm anxious to get them. I'm just happy at this point to have a very smooth phone without any problems. I don't remember having a phone that worked this smooth. It's a flagship phone and the will be updated.
Would you rather have them rush a update real quick with glitches? Then you would be first in line wanting heads to roll because the new update just screwed up your phone... Man..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For reference, my ASUS tablet has had this update for six months and had no bugs short of this or that thing that everybody gets (like the bluetooth issue on 4.1 that HTC hasn't fixed because that would require a 4.2 update). It's not world-changing by any means, but I can rest assured that the next update that might be will make it to my tablet just as quickly. Likewise, Samsung is shipping out phones with this update that is a ripe 6 months old and they have an infinitely more complicated proprietary software in TouchWiz. If HTC updates this soon, I'll never think about it again. That is, unless/until the 4.3/5.0 updates take entirely too long which seems likely since we're about 7 months late on the 4.2 update so far.

Again, I love this phone, but to think this is anything but a negative is lunacy. I knew it would be when I bought it. I hope HTC can turn things around during the life of this phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not currently missing 4.2.2 And the phone is awesome just the way that it is IMO. Not saying I don't want the update but I'm ok with HTC takes their time.