HTC One Mail App has no option for shrinking content to fit the screen, and no widget.

david1357y

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can anybody please help to suggest any tweak or I miss any option. I'm the heavy email user, and being able to see the entire mail shrinking to fit the screen is a huge time saving for me that I don't have to scroll left or right to see the content of mail. I find no option for HTC mail app. Yes it does have this feature within Gmail app, but I'm not using Gmail only. Btw Samsung Galaxy S4 Mail app has this feature option including the widget that can display mail by each account or all mail of each account. Your comment is much appreciated.

david1357y

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Turn into landscape?

Maybe pictures will tell thousand words.
I've uploaded 5 pictures:
_ One is Samsung Galaxy S4 widget. The best I could say. You could scroll through list of emails smoothly. Touch the header to switch to each email account. The widget use up one page of home screen. Just swipe the screen to see list of new emails arrived. It's quick and convenient way using emails. Touch the message to launch the mail app and see the entire content that shrink to fit the screen in a glance plus without always touching to show images on each mail message (this setting is missing in htc One also).
_ 4 other pictures are the comparison of two messages in portrait and landscape mode with the most zoom in with htc One and shrink to fit with Samsung Galaxy S4.

My daily driver phone is the htc One. HTC should not miss this feature in it's latest model. Is there any way to request this feature to htc? I love to see the update of htc mail app in the next 4.2.2 update.

Email is so important in today daily communication, and email with the phone require just the right quick and convenience way of using with the small hand size screen.

Maybe other third party mail client in Play Store can do better???

Somebody has any comment? It's always appreciated.

Attachments

• 1371682138513.jpg
    1371682138513.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1371682151252.jpg
    1371682151252.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 1371682167606.jpg
    1371682167606.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 1371682180596.jpg
    1371682180596.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 1371682201878.jpg
    1371682201878.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 59

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest using a 3rd party application for emails if you're not happy with the stock one, because no, the options you're looking for aren't available.

Here are some good alternatives:

5 Excellent Email Apps For Android, Compared

Check out the last three. I myself have used K-9 Mail once and it wasn't bad, but I always use the stock email as my default one anyway because I don't need to shrink my emails.

david1357y

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
One of my concern is about security since I'm throwing all of my email accounts into one third party mail app if I'm using it. Is there any security?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
There are security risks involved in ANY mail client you use, even the default one, and that's a gamble you have to take. All of the ones listed, though, claim to provide maximum security possible. I'd contact the developers if you're concerned about this, maybe they'll give you a better insight as to what security protocols and systems they adopt and such.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Touchdown is what we have to use for work email... Our IT department demands it.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
This is one thing I noticed as soon as I configured my account in the One. At least the double-tap to zoom in on content works well.

It would be nice to have the default email client updated with a proper "fit all content" feature.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
There are security risks involved in ANY mail client you use, even the default one, and that's a gamble you have to take. All of the ones listed, though, claim to provide maximum security possible. I'd contact the developers if you're concerned about this, maybe they'll give you a better insight as to what security protocols and systems they adopt and such.

Yo, Tarek. One guess who this is. :D

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Touchdown is what we have to use for work email... Our IT department demands it.
I run an IT department and this is what we ask people to use as well, it's great for Exchange. That said I use Enhanced Email. It works with Exchange 2010, Gmail, iCloud, standard IMAP and POP (haven't tested this one) and it can auto configure them all from entering an email address.

david1357y

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
How to configure this app, Touchdown, to work with Gmail? I tried with the server m.google.com, but fail. This app support Exchange only not also IMAP ?

mcragun

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The older HTC OneX phone has an email widget for exchange emails. Is it possible to put the APK file on the newer HTC One so I can use the widget?