The Annoying scratch on HTC One

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just love the appearance of One so much that I decided to only put a screen protector on it and everything else just went naked. Until 1 unfortunate day when I put back the phone into my left pocket and suddenly hit it with my handwatch. Well aluminum can't fight with sapphire right guys? And then there appears 1 tiny scratch on the back of my phone. But since on aluminum background, the scratch is very noticable. I swear that single tiny scratch itches the hell out of me. So I completely change my mind after 2 years of using naked phone. No matter how careful you are, there are chances that you will damage or drop your beloved phone, once or twice or more it depends.And not mentioning the aluminum surface will be wear off eventually by the environment which leads to the hidious look.
So I have bought a case, first to cover that irritating scratch, then to protect my One. I hate case but I can't stand my money being damaged and I love my phone.
I just post to share my experience, protect your phone guys !! It hurts a lot seeing it being damaged, I swear :(
And btw, are there any way to remove the scratch ? since it pretty deep :(

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Soundsl like you can't do anything about that scratch without damaging the rest of the phone. Keep a case or skin on it like you plan on doing is the only thing you can do to prevent further damage -- it doesn't do anything to remove or ease your concerns about the current scratch, but will help in the future.

What case did you end up purchasing?

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Soundsl like you can't do anything about that scratch without damaging the rest of the phone. Keep a case or skin on it like you plan on doing is the only thing you can do to prevent further damage -- it doesn't do anything to remove or ease your concerns about the current scratch, but will help in the future.

What case did you end up purchasing?
First I bought a SGP Ultra Thin Air, but since it's quite transparent I can still notice the scratch, and again, it annoys me.
So I switch to a black Nilkin one, a bit slipery but feels better, less annoying since I can't see the scratch
Cost me nearly 20$...

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a pic? I go naked and have a few light scratches but they aren't real noticeable and the aluminum finish kind of wiped off... I'm interested in how bad your scratch looks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My One goes commando. As long as the screen stays damage free, I don't care so much if the back of it gets scuffed. The back isn't what I spend my time looking at. Sorry that happened to you though. :(

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My One goes commando. As long as the screen stays damage free, I don't care so much if the back of it gets scuffed. The back isn't what I spend my time looking at. Sorry that happened to you though. :(

That's the same way I feel.. Don't care about little scratches..

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a pic? I go naked and have a few light scratches but they aren't real noticeable and the aluminum finish kind of wiped off... I'm interested in how bad your scratch looks

Here it is
I supposed mine is considered to be a crack rather than a scratch
Don't go naked, get a case before it's too late
And 1 advantage of wearing case is I feel more confident when put my phone on any surface without fearing the camera being damaged, no need to be gentle, good point though

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

well TBH I love the back than the front
it feels so awesome when touching the smooth and cold aluminum body and I love looking at it

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's my nightmare. I love how it looks, but I know it would start looking very used shortly after I begin using it naked. I take it out sometimes just to look at it for a while (LOL) but it is in its Otterbox Commuter most of the time. The nice thing is that I can sell it at the end of its life and probably make the 200 bucks I paid for it, as it looks new.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When you guys get the scratches is it in a pocket with things? I have a dedicated phone pocket where only my phone goes.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
When you guys get the scratches is it in a pocket with things? I have a dedicated phone pocket where only my phone goes.

Do you ever put your keys in your pocket? Which one do you use for your phone?
I use my back right pocket

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you ever put your keys in your pocket? Which one do you use for your phone?
I use my back right pocket

Keys left. Wallet left. Phone right :).

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I installed a screen protector immediately out of the box as well as a HTC Double Dip Flip cover the second day because it was out of stock the day I bought the device. I like to protect my investments and I absolutely hate scratches, especially since I used iPhones for a very long time and I know how irritating they can be, especially since you really can't do anything about them.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
yjypezep.jpg
Keys left. Wallet left. Phone right :).

The reason I asked is because I used to put mine in my right front but my jeans have a small metal button I will attach a pic.. And I was worried when I put it in face down it might scratch the screen..

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I say I use my phone without a case, but I have a Nikon camera bag that I keep it in when it is in my pocket, so it isn't like I am barebacking it in my pocket or anything.

And it's only ever either in my hand or in my pocket when I am in public. I'm not afraid of damaging it, really.

david1357y

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I can feel you man. Today also I've just noticed my Lumia 920 got scratch deeply right in the center of the camera lens. It's camera is one of the reason I got it and now it seem like the camera function is flying away. That's why I appreciate the crystals glass lens use in iPhone 5 since all of the phones I've used always have scratch on the lens.

In other words, the scratch on the back of your htc One can be your own phone signature. It's unique; and you can spot your phone right away comparing to other. :)

I am using htc One in black. Can't imagine how bad it is when having scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol