HTC one goes to airplane mode on its own !

krishk24

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had the hTC one for the past 5 days. This is my first android phone and so far liking it except for the bug that I encountered. The phone goes to airplane mode when it is sleeping. At work I try to connect to the wifi network to save on the MegaBytes in my T-mobile plan. When the phone goes into the airplane mode I can get it out of it only by pressing the power on button continuously and a menu shows up that allows me to disable the airplane mode.

has anyone encountered this before ?

it is frustrating that a great phone has a bug such as this that might prevent me from receving calls even when there is a signal present. I am hoping this can be resolved just by a software update.

Please help !

Last edited by a moderator:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: hTC one goes to airplane mode on its own !

I have never experienced that with either the stock 4.1.2 ROM or the custom ROMs I have installed (ARHD then Trickdroid). Are you sure you don't have any 3rd party application that is doing that? Perhaps a battery saving or optimizing one?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Its more than likely an app. Juice Defender, Battery Guru, and other apps like this are normally the issue.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Yes!! That's the name of the application that ruined my One X's battery, Juice Defender.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I wish my phone would put itself into airplane mode.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

bradboy100

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

You are not alone. There are a lot of people experiencing this problem and HTC has really let themselves down (and all of us). Apparently it's more likely to happen if you use your left hand and left ear. It's an issue with the proximity sensor that thinks your phone is no longer at your ear when you're on a call and your ear, touching the top of the phone, switches into settings and then the first choice in settings which is Airplane mode. Sounds crazy but its true.

It happens to me nearly everyday and it happened to me twice resuming the same call today. It's great - I have a spectacularly sophisticated smartphone that struggles at making calls. I hope someone from HTC reads this, acknowledges a problem and fixes it otherwise this will definitely be my first and last HTC phone.

tikefinesse

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

My htc one goes to airplane mode automatically every night at 11pm est. it's really weird...

justin ruck

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

This is a regular thing for me when i take a call my ear opens up the settings menu and switches on Airplane mode I hope HTC can get this sorted other than this the Phone is top notch.

Ghyll Bernales

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

First, have a backup for your pictures and videos. Second, press hold in power button. Click Restart and it will solve your airplane mode problem.
:-X
I did it just now but i didn't backup my files, all my pictures had been deleted. No install..s, no downloads, just restart and have a backup files.

MartynAngel Galvan

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I have this same issue. I turn off airplane mode at least three times a day. I just wanted to see if there is any more information on this issue?

benMalher

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem, and it occurs each time I call more than 2 minute (on Skype too). This bug is unbearable !!!

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Count me in as well. Last night my One went to airplane mode by itself without me knowing. I woke it up out of sleep an saw the airplane mode icon on top an because of this i missed a few texts an phone calls. I hope it doesnt keep reoccurring.

Thanks for the link chrisxpierce

jignesh kalaria

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Hi All,

Below mention issue is related to your android battery saver applications like battery doctor etc.....

I have faced same issue while use battery doctor android application in that application u have to choose sleep mode for some specific time like 22:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M. so mobile switch to airplane mode from 22:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M

So for battery doctor: U can open application click on "Mode" link and click on "Schedule".now disable if you select sleep mode in any time so problem will be resolved

sure for other same battery saver application same setting arise.

Vanessa Whitaker

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I have tried restarting my phone several times and it still randomly goes onto airplane mode in the middle of the night, sometimes it wont do it for a while and sometimes all the time, it also shuts off in the middle of the night while charging and I have to take the battery out and put it back in just to start it up again because the power button will not work... I do not have any weird apps to save my battery or anything like that, it's been doing this since I can remember. This is frustrating what do I do to change this?

Terry King1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

100 % can confirm is true. Drives me crazy, I hate using my phone on my right ear. One thing strange but true but a work around is it doesn't happen for me when my phone is in the case. I use an otter box case, the slimmer one and I don't have any issues when the case is on. The edge of the case is slightly raised and this stops me from touching anything when pros sensor deactivates.

Mandy J

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Phone dropping out and going to airplane mode is very annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Rachel Xie

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Me too. I've been having this problem for a while now. Omfg it's actually getting worse and worse. I used to only have to turn it back on like 3 times a day but now I have to turn it back on like literally over 10 times a day. It's getting really annoying and I don't know how to fix it.

Dona O

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I have been having the same problem with my phone. I notice I'm not getting calls or I go to make one and I can't because the airplane mode is mysteriously on. the only way to shut it off is to turn the phone off and a message comes up that lets you close the airplane mode function. It's driving me crazy!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar