Whatsapp / 3G / Data Issue.. **Help Needed**

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Heyyy...
For sometime now i have been experiencing a wierd problem.
Whenever am using 3G-Mobile Data Service, if my data is inactive that is if m not using any data related services for about 10-15mins, i stop receiving the Whatsapp msgs, i need to manually go to whatsapp send a msg to someone and in turn i start rcving the msg that missed in that time period. Today i was in an meeting for 2hrs and coming out of conference i saw 0 whatsapp notifications. So i sent a msg to my wife and den i strtd rcving all the msgs that i missed in last 2hrs. I have been observing this for a week now.

Whereas when am on WI-FI at home, this never happens. I keep getting Whatsapp messages instantly without any hiccups.

I have checked all the setting.. My PowerSaver is off, Sleep Mode under Power Setting is also off, fast boot is also unchecked.

Can someone help here please...

Thanks in advance..
Rajesh

Last edited:

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whatapp / 3G / Data Issue.. **Help Needed**

İf you can try to root your htc one and disable the power saver mode becouse same thing happened to me ... So i rooted and disabled the power saver completly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

İf you can try to root your htc one and disable the power saver mode becouse same thing happened to me ... So i rooted and disabled the power saver completly

Am very new to android.. will go through rooting related posts to understand it better.. thanks for the advice :)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow you have to root to stop it?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

Yea but it automaticly activate itself

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yea but it automaticly activate itself

I should have mine tomorrow and I'll see if it does it.

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Just by switching off the power saver, the issue is not resolved.
Anybody knows what might b causing this issue and what can be done to resolve it???

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If its really bothering you then its better to root and flash a custom ROM which is revolution HD . its basicly android 4.2.2 with HTC sense 5 with all HTC goodies and good batteries and bug fixes. So this seems only fix for you . Or have you tried factory reset?

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If its really bothering you then its better to root and flash a custom ROM which is revolution HD . its basicly android 4.2.2 with HTC sense 5 with all HTC goodies and good batteries and bug fixes. So this seems only fix for you . Or have you tried factory reset?

Haven't tried factory reset yet. Thought of it in office couple of hours back, will do it once am home and check again
Will try uninstalling the Whatsapp and re-installing once as well

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If its only Whatsapp thing then try to reinstall Whatsapp but if your other app is also behaving the same way then its better try factory reset and don't forget to back up .. Good luck

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If its only Whatsapp thing then try to reinstall Whatsapp but if your other app is also behaving the same way then its better try factory reset and don't forget to back up .. Good luck

When you faced the problem, was it for all the apps or just one or two in particular?

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It was everything . my email Whatsapp and other Google apps sync everything was used to stop .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is odd indeed.. I would figure tons of people would complain about this if it was happening all over.. Syncing is important.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think its small bug with power saver mode which effects few people

Has to be. I've had mine for about 12hours now and power save hasn't even dared to turn on.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As i mentioned at the start.. my Sleep Mode is turned off as well as my power saver is off :(

Are you facing any of this problem as mine???

He doesn't mean power saver. He means the other option in the battery screen which doesn't have to do with power saver.

Go to settings, power, and uncheck the sleep mode option (see attached picture).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Attachments

• 1373540471151.jpg
    1373540471151.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3