falling out of love with the HTC one :(

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Ranting....

When I first bought the phone I was crazy about it.
Everything about it seemed perfect.
Im a fan of sence 5 and love the interface. But recently I've been wanting to have a Samsung product.
Is it all the marketing that's brain washing me ?

I feel like I should trade my ONE for a note 2 and get money on top.
The note 2 is still one of the best phones out right now.

Or even trade it in for an s3 or s4 .
Now I know Samsungs touchwiz isn't the greatest and there's rumors of a lot of lag .. but I don't know

The one is an amazing device no doubt about it but Im getting bored of it... For lack of better words.

Boom sound is nice but I usually only listen to music through headphones or aux cable.

Ultrapixels are ... Meh

Blinkfeed is useful but I guess that's what flipboard is for....

I'm also tired of HTCs lack of effort .
When buying the phone in Canada
No cellphone company had a single idea of what the phone was or even when it would come out. There was no advertising anywhere . Not to mention countless times they changed the release date.

Buying a cell phone case was the worst process. No one carried anything for the ONE weeks later, except the fat hideous otter box.

Walking into bestbuy I feel like a loser, Samsung and apple completely dominate the phone section. Me being the only one with a ONE while everyone else thinks there top notch with an iPhone or Galaxy.

Camera pictures look nice on small screen and dissapointing on computer

4.2 is waiting until Christmas to be released ( sarcasm )

HTC logo is completely unnecessary

Please understand that I am not bashing the HTC one.
Im still a fan of there work.
I think I just needed to vent and hear others perspective on this .
Thanks for your time

Update:
I don't want an iPhone it's so over played. My intentions are not to "fit in" or to "go with the crowd" Where I live hardly anybody has a Samsung, but it's well advertised.
Everyone I know has an iPhone . & I definitely want to stick with Android.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ranting....

When I first bought the phone I was crazy about it.
Everything about it seemed perfect.
Im a fan of sence 5 and love the interface. But recently I've been wanting to have a Samsung product.
Is it all the marketing that's brain washing me ?

I feel like I should trade my ONE for a note 2 and get money on top.
The note 2 is still one of the best phones out right now.

Or even trade it in for an s3 or s4 .
Now I know Samsungs touchwiz isn't the greatest and there's rumors of a lot of lag .. but I don't know

The one is an amazing device no doubt about it but Im getting bored of it... For lack of better words.

Boom sound is nice but I usually only listen to music through headphones or aux cable.

Ultrapixels are ... Meh

Blinkfeed is useful but I guess that's what flipboard is for....

I'm also tired of HTCs lack of effort .
When buying the phone in Canada
No cellphone company had a single idea of what the phone was or even when it would come out. There was no advertising anywhere . Not to mention countless times they changed the release date.

Buying a cell phone case was the worst process. No one carried anything for the ONE weeks later, except the fat hideous otter box.

Walking into bestbuy I feel like a loser, Samsung and apple completely dominate the phone section. Me being the only one with a ONE while everyone else thinks there top notch with an iPhone or Galaxy.

Camera pictures look nice on small screen and dissapointing on computer

4.2 is waiting until Christmas to be released

HTC logo is completely unnecessary

Please understand that I am not bashing the HTC one.
Im still a fan of there work.
I think I just needed to vent and hear others perspective on this .
Thanks for your time

It's subjective, man.
I'm on my fifth phone this year, and it's the HTC One. After the Samsung launch event today, I still am happy with my HTC One. My last phone was the Note 2, a gnex before that, yadda yadda.
Here's the thing, my needs are a cool camera app that makes it easy for me to share pictures and the highlights solve that for me. The camera quality is above what I need. Speakers are an added benefit. The 1080p screen in my phone is a Samsung display that blows away the Note 2's no problem. I think it looks nicer than the ones Samsung uses in their own devices. Further, the construction of the phone is equal to or better than the iPhones.
The problem with the paragraph I just wrote is that it's my opinion. Everything I wrote just now is 100% true. It won't be to someone else. I sure as hell, though, wouldn't want to give up my One for a rickety plastic Samsung device with worse speakers and display. That's just me. I had the Note 2, it was a fine productivity device. The One is a better all around device in my opinion.

Please take what I said for what it is, my personal user experience. Here's what YOU need to do:
Ask yourself what you NEED in a phone, write that down on a piece of paper in red pen.
Ask yourself what you WANT in a phone, write that down in another color.
Now go read phone reviews until you check off all of your needs and the most of your wants. Go buy that one.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you care too much what other people think about what phone you use... Perhaps Apple would be the better choice for you until you figure out that phones aren't really an extension of who you are...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Be a unique individual. Don't worry what other people are using, because it really doesn't matter much. You're self worth should not be reliant on what phone other people have.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's subjective, man.
I'm on my fifth phone this year, and it's the HTC One. After the Samsung launch event today, I still am happy with my HTC One. My last phone was the Note 2, a gnex before that, yadda yadda.
Here's the thing, my needs are a cool camera app that makes it easy for me to share pictures and the highlights solve that for me. The camera quality is above what I need. Speakers are an added benefit. The 1080p screen in my phone is a Samsung display that blows away the Note 2's no problem. I think it looks nicer than the ones Samsung uses in their own devices. Further, the construction of the phone is equal to or better than the iPhones.
The problem with the paragraph I just wrote is that it's my opinion. Everything I wrote just now is 100% true. It won't be to someone else. I sure as hell, though, wouldn't want to give up my One for a rickety plastic Samsung device with worse speakers and display. That's just me. I had the Note 2, it was a fine productivity device. The One is a better all around device in my opinion.

Please take what I said for what it is, my personal user experience. Here's what YOU need to do:
Ask yourself what you NEED in a phone, write that down on a piece of paper in red pen.
Ask yourself what you WANT in a phone, write that down in another color.
Now go read phone reviews until you check off all of your needs and the most of your wants. Go buy that one.

Thanks for the input budd. I Appreciate it

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got stopped on my way to lunch the other day by a guy on the street asking to see my phone. He said that he saw me talking on it and had been dying to see one in person. Furthermore, I personally like having such an awesome phone that not everyone around me has. I was at a concert last weekend and there was a sea of iPhones surrounding me (all failing at life by trying to digitally zoom to take pictures). With a phone this beautiful it is pretty nice to stand out a bit. Take pride in it, not in a pretentious way, and learn to enjoy what you like because you like it... not because society or Madison Ave. tells you to enjoy something. If you spend your time thinking about what other people want you to like and do, you will slowly forget what you truly like... and that is sad. Don't let your dignity go because you don't conform with other shoppers at Best Buy... unless that is what you want, and then I wish you the best. Now that the pep talk is over... I wish you peace in YOUR ultimate decisions.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I got stopped on my way to lunch the other day by a guy on the street asking to see my phone. He said that he saw me talking on it and had been dying to see one in person. Furthermore, I personally like having such an awesome phone that not everyone around me has. I was at a concert last weekend and there was a sea of iPhones surrounding me (all failing at life by trying to digitally zoom to take pictures). With a phone this beautiful it is pretty nice to stand out a bit. Take pride in it, not in a pretentious way, and learn to enjoy what you like because you like it... not because society or Madison Ave. tells you to enjoy something. If you spend your time thinking about what other people want you to like and do, you will slowly forget what you truly like... and that is sad. Don't let your dignity go because you don't conform with other shoppers at Best Buy... unless that is what you want, and then I wish you the best. Now that the pep talk is over... I wish you peace in YOUR ultimate decisions.

Words from the wise... Thanks! I definitely was getting a bit brain washed

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ranting....

>>> Walking into bestbuy I feel like a loser, Samsung and apple completely dominate the phone section. Me being the only one with a ONE while everyone else thinks there top notch with an iPhone or Galaxy.

Sounds like you care too much what other people think about what phone you use... Perhaps Apple would be the better choice for you until you figure out that phones aren't really an extension of who you are...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

+1 Are we in High School. LOL

OP if it makes you feel any better hTc signed Robert Downey, Jr.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Back it how..Samsung has a larger marketing budget than HTC total worth. You ever stop to think how in the heck does Samsung get away with a product that is cheap and half baked when literally EVERY other high end device has better software and quality build? Sony, LG, HTC and even Hawaei has a better functioning and built device that Samsung. They spend all of their dollars in mindshare stunts instead of a quality product. End the end they will lose just wait and see.

No. it's just really inconvenient. It's suppose to be there flag ship I'd expect they would back it up 100%

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you heard of something called E-bay? It's a large marketplace that has lots of cool items to buy. Once while looking there I found hundreds of different cases to fit my One. You could try looking there.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This thread is just plain creepy.

It's a phone; if you like it, keep it. If you don't, get a different one.

It's beyond me why people get emotionally attached to something so frivolous.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You do know that being preoccupied with having a device that noone else has is pretentious, right?

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol at the past about feeling like a loser at best buy.

But anyways the downside to not having a galaxy device or iPhone is availability of accessories maybe.

But I loved my S3 but in my opinion HTC did a better job this time around. And who knows next time I might be getting another Samsung device or some other brand.

But I always liked having the underdog device. The device that is equally amazing and maybe better, but no one knows about it. It is more of a conversation piece because everyone always asks me what phone I'm using. Things like the amazing mics, low light camera performance, and front speakers make this phone stand out amongst the Galaxy S phones and iPhones.

But props to Samsung for establishing a presence and a recognizable household name for the Android community.

Sent from my HTCONE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome