New to Android, few questions.

Fat Head

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost, I'm a long term iPhone user, was fed up with constantly having to wait for jailbreak, wanted a bigger screen, and eventually decided to go for an HTC one.

So far I'm liking it, only had it a week, and there are just some small niggles, have searched, can't find anything.

1 - I'm a mac user, I used HTC sync to restore from an iPhone backup, software is slow, but it did work flawlessly, all my playlists are on the phone, brilliant. I played the music on the HTC player, clicked the little Music Channel button, got the popup box saying I would get a better experience if I allowed artwork etc to be downloaded. I chose no, (fussy with artwork and tags) and ticked not to be bothered again. This pop up comes up regardless, every time the music app is closed and then reopened. Does this happen to everyone?

Also, I eventually decided to see what benefits this Music channel actually gives, and allowed it to update covers, lyrics etc. If I now resync with HTC Sync, will this overwrite my files on the mac, with the updated ones on the phone, basically overwriting the metadata and covers? Also, the HTC Sync software pulls information from iTunes, does it also push to iTunes, I.e will playlists edited on the phone update the playlists in iTunes when synced.

2 - I used power toggles as an alternative to NC Settings which I had on the iPhone. However, the 'Sync Now' toggle seems to sync absolutely everything, regardless of wether it was selected to sync or not, bit of a pain, as I don't want any hotmail contacts etc on the phone. Has anybody else had this? If I use the standard sync now widget, or select sync all from the settings, it only syncs what has been selected to sync.

Sorry for the massive post.

Fat Head

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I appreciate it was a long post, but for people that may have wondered what I was wondering. I discovered that none of the downloaded information is actually added to the metadata of the mp3, instead it is just stored locally on the phone and can just be wiped by clearing the information in the Music Enhancer app.

Playlist changes done on the phone only affect the playlists in HTC Sync, duplicates will be created if you don't switch off the auto import from iTunes when opening HTC Sync, as it will import the original iTunes playlists again.

I have also discovered that HTC Sync manager has changed all my Artist and Album file names on my mac to lower case for some reason. Any one know why this would be, or has it happened to anyone else?

I'm removing HTC Sync. It's pretty pants.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I use Android File Transfer on Mac. It is a drag and drop application which works well for me. You can grab it here if you wish. All I do is basically drag my iTunes library and drop it into the Music folder on the SD card and voila, you have a perfectly working library that is correctly structured and no fuss about syncing with the computer. It may not be very ideal, especially for you since you're coming from an iPhone, but it works for me.

OH and I have heard about this application from several people on this forum who claim that it does what it is supposed to do perfectly. I'd search for a trial version and test it, you may end up liking it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Go into accounts and sync in settings. Tap on all the apps that sync (google, Hotmail, dropbox, etc.) and each one of those will bring up all it's sync capabilities. Just uncheck what you don't want to sync and you should be good to go.

By the way, WELCOME to the One forums!!

Fat Head

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Tarek, I've just got hold of it, much better, faster and cleaner :). Does what I want, and is better for my tv shows etc as well.

Gator, that's what I did, and it works fine when using the inbuilt sync now/sync all options, it's that the Sync All toggle on power toggles ignore these settings, and syncs everything available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1