Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Keyboard Vibration?

I noticed the other day that my keyboard only vibrates when filling in the password box on sign in pages of different websites.
    I went into Settings > Language and Keyboard > HTC Sense Input and saw that Vibration feedback is checked. But, the keyboard never vibrates except for while inputting passwords. Is it supposed to vibrate at other times and isn't, or is this the only time the vibration feedback is used on this phone? I thought it might vibrate while texting, but it doesn't.
    A lot of people say the vibration is annoying while texting, so I was wondering if HTC decided to limit when the vibration feedback occurs?
    Anyway, basically just wondering if something is wrong with my phone or not.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Keyboard Vibration?

Are you using a custom Rom? I had this issue with a Rom I was using prior, but after switching roms found that it was indeed the Rom I was using.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't really know actually, the phone's brand new. I know I'm using their standard QWERTY keyboard but I don't know how I'd make the vibration work normally if I am indeed using anything custom.
    Not really good with technology, just want my keyboard to vibrate! Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh and yes, I'm fairly certain everything on the phone is stock since it's brand new and I haven't done anything to it. Is this an issue then?

are you having the power saver on?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

If it's stock, you don't have a Rom loaded. I agree about checking power saver, it will disable haptic feedback.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

Yan Lee!!