Nova Launcher Home Page questions

billmc40

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am wanting to know if I can have more then one home page with nova. I have looked and searched and cant find an answer. I have three grandchildren and want to use a separate home page for each. I love the way nova scrolls. Please help
BillMc

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You can set up to nine home screens in Nova.

If you go in to Nova settings and select ?Desktop?, scroll down until you hit ?Home Screens? and then select this. Then you set up a new blank home screen by hitting the ?+? sign in the top right hand corner.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You can also tap the Home button while on your home screen and it will bring up thumbnails of your current screen to jump to or tap the + sign in the upper right to add more screens.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You can also tap the Home button while on your home screen and it will bring up thumbnails of your current screen to jump to or tap the + sign in the upper right to add more screens.

That depends on your Nova settings. Mine is configured to flip to page one when I hit Home while already on home. Most used apps and widgets are on home (page 3) and next most used apps are on page 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

billmc40

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong, whenever I change the picture for the new homepage, all of the homepage pictures change. I am wanting to have a homepage with a picture of each of my grandchildren.
BllMc

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong, whenever I change the picture for the new homepage, all of the homepage pictures change. I am wanting to have a homepage with a picture of each of my grandchildren.
BllMc

There?s an app called MultiPicture Live Wallpaper you could try.

I?ve not tried it myself and some people seem to have problems getting it to work on Nova but worth a go.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That depends on your Nova settings. Mine is configured to flip to page one when I hit Home while already on home. Most used apps and widgets are on home (page 3) and next most used apps are on page 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

I forgot to add that we can configure the home button behavior.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
BllMc

You can't have a different wallpaper for each screen. You can set Nova to scroll the wallpaper (given you're using a wide one) or to use a fixed one, so it will only scroll screens and the wallpaper will be static. The way you need it is to scroll the wallpaper as well. There are no separate wallpapers, just different screens with a static or scrollable wallpaper.

You can stitch the photos of your grandchildren together to form a wide wallpaper and use the scroll wallpaper behavior in Nova settings. Just take into account that the size should be 1080x1920 in order to accommodate each screen. If you have 3 grandchildren, the stitched image should be 3240x1920.

Hope this helps.

billmc40

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You can't have a different wallpaper for each screen. You can set Nova to scroll the wallpaper (given you're using a wide one) or to use a fixed one, so it will only scroll screens and the wallpaper will be static. The way you need it is to scroll the wallpaper as well. There are no separate wallpapers, just different screens with a static or scrollable wallpaper.

You can stitch the photos of your grandchildren together to form a wide wallpaper and use the scroll wallpaper behavior in Nova settings. Just take into account that the size should be 1080x1920 in order to accommodate each screen. If you have 3 grandchildren, the stitched image should be 3240x1920.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That makes sense to me. Now to find where I can stitch the photos together. I have always had problems with resizing. I can also do some neat strip pit photos or lake shots knowing this. If you know of a good totortial would you be so kind to post. Thanks again
Bill

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There's also a really good app called Animated Photo Frame Widget which gives you a lot of options for pics on your homescreen. (It actually changes pics automatically from an album or by individual pics.) Below is an example on my lock screen, but you can have it scroll through pics on your home screen. (I use it on my lockscreen because it uses less battery that way).

Screenshot_2013-06-22-07-54-34_zpsba15649f.png

Here's a link to the app:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.hikaru.photowidget&hl=en&token=F05_1kFX

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. That makes sense to me. Now to find where I can stitch the photos together. I have always had problems with resizing. I can also do some neat strip pit photos or lake shots knowing this. If you know of a good totortial would you be so kind to post. Thanks again
Bill

I'm still trying photo editing apps on the One but you can use Paint.Net on Windows. It's a free app that has many features.

Just create a new image with a white background that is 3240x1920 in size. Open you three grandchildren pictures and crop each one to 1080x1920. Select each one using the select tool (drag a rectangle that covers the entire picture) and copy it to the clipboard.

On the 3240x1920 image, create a new layer and paste the image you just copied before. Repeat the step for the 3 pics and adjust them so they overlap each other.

Save that image and try it on your phone.

I hope this helps.

You can download Paint.Net here Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

billmc40

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying photo editing apps on the One but you can use Paint.Net on Windows. It's a free app that has many features.

Just create a new image with a white background that is 3240x1920 in size. Open you three grandchildren pictures and crop each one to 1080x1920. Select each one using the select tool (drag a rectangle that covers the entire picture) and copy it to the clipboard.

On the 3240x1920 image, create a new layer and paste the image you just copied before. Repeat the step for the 3 pics and adjust them so they overlap each other.

Save that image and try it on your phone.

I hope this helps.

You can download Paint.Net here Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

I am still struggling with this.
Bill

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
There's an app called picsart, it's free... There's an option for collage then you can choose a grid, use the 3 picture grid and you should be able to put a pic of each grandchild in each grid and save then use as wallpaper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't figured this out. I have the picture made but the One only wants to use part of it for the wall paper.
Help please

Bill

Do you have a 3240x1920 already made? If you do, all you have to set in Nova Launcher is the wallpaper scroll option to use the wallpaper with all its width across your 3 screens.

billmc40

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a 3240x1920 already made? If you do, all you have to set in Nova Launcher is the wallpaper scroll option to use the wallpaper with all its width across your 3 screens.
Yes. I have the photo made in paint.net and saved the file as a .jpeg. I went into nova settings and tried to set to scroll. I am thinking I am to stupid to do this. This is one of my main complaints with android just no instrutions out there compared to iphone. Thanks for the help.
BillMc

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have the photo made in paint.net and saved the file as a .jpeg. I went into nova settings and tried to set to scroll. I am thinking I am to stupid to do this. This is one of my main complaints with android just no instrutions out there compared to iphone. Thanks for the help.
BillMc

Try setting the Wallpaper with Wallpaper Setter or other apps like Zedge. I don't use scrolling wallpapers, but I've read that some phones don't set it as scrollabale, regardless of the launcher you are using.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Here's a thread at My Color Screen mentioning some things about Nova and scrolling wallpapers. Try them when you have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca