Nokia complaint against HTC could lead to a exclusion order in the U.S. against the HTC One

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh joy more lawsuits and people trying to ban products...hope this doesn't hurt HTC to bad in court. Hope they don't block sales.

Sent from my HTC One

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Exactly..nothing like a company going thru rough patches and lackluster sales of "blah" hardware/software with windows, playing the patent card. I really wish HTC would have a huge portfolio of patents that it could counter with :(

Besides, wouldnt it be more beneficial if this holds up, for Nokia to stfu and just ask for some royalities instead? Banning the sales of said phones might get them a lump sum settlement, but allowing HTC to use the items in question for a licensing fee would be more wise

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Why I don't buy Nokia products....and Apple.

Phone us

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. EST (Except holidays) 1-888-665 4228 TTY/TDD: 1-800-246 6542

Lets all call them and tell them exactly what we think.....I am.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what Nokia's angle is here. It's not like HTC has these huge deep pockets. Could see this making more sense if they did or if the issue was on banning Windows phones, since that is their market. But on android? If they think banning HTC's will make me rush out and get a Windows phone in order to get a low light camera or a decent microphone, they are kidding themselves. Ain't going to happen. All banning will do is hurt consumers and give people less choices on the Android platform. So, I am hoping that the two companies can work out their differences without impacting people who have nothing to do with this dispute.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what Nokia's angle is here. It's not like HTC has these huge deep pockets. Could see this making more sense if they did or if the issue was on banning Windows phones, since that is their market. But on android? If they think banning HTC's will make me rush out and get a Windows phone in order to get a low light camera or a decent microphone, they are kidding themselves. Ain't going to happen. All banning will do is hurt consumers and give people less choices on the Android platform. So, I am hoping that the two companies can work out their differences without impacting people who have nothing to do with this dispute.

Nokia has said recently that they might make an android phone. Maybe they are trying to put down its competition before they get started.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

And Samsung. If you are going to name Apple for lawsuits then you better include Samsung.

Phone us

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. EST (Except holidays) 1-888-665 4228 TTY/TDD: 1-800-246 6542

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the company that fired the first real salvos in the smartphone wars is still suing as the patent wars start to quiet down. They have really been targeting HTC as of late, German courts dismissed a few in April targeting Google Play.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Do all of these lawsuits affect the overall prices of smartphones nowadays you think? It's crazy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Phone us

If you do this, please at least be cordial to the customer service agents. They don't have any control over these things, and those who do aren't taking jobs at call centers to pay the bills. I'd honestly try to somehow get in touch with the big wigs at corporate (and call center folk may be able to tell you how to do so?). Though seeing as we're customers of the competitor, even then I'd doubt they care, but at least it may reach someone slightly relevant.