HTC One: Resetting the default applic to be triggered...

azhamz

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
Just got my HTC One 2 weeks back, and had been enjoying it without any major (or even minor) problems.. ;)

Today, made a minor error on my part:
a) While browsing using a news integrator (eg Flipboard, News Republic, etc), had clicked on a link to play a video (presumably YouTube).
b) Then a window appeared, asking which applic to trigger - Chrome, Internet, YouTube. The options also include "Always", "Just Now". Clicking Always will make the selected applic to be the default when triggered in the future.
c) I had clicked "Internet", but inadvertently click "Always". Now I realized I should have clicked "YouTube", or probably "Just Now" bcoz I may want to have the option to choose again in the future.

I could not find a way to change the triggering default applic again.
Ques: How do I change the default applic in this case..??

Thank you in advance for your assistance..

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings>apps and then to the app that you have defined as the one to use 'always'. In this case Internet. Be aware that this app page is tabbed so for built in apps you will probably have to swipe across to the 'all' tab, there is a search button at the top of the page if you have trouble finding it.

Once you locate your app, click on it and scroll down the page to 'Clear Defaults' hit the button and job done. Next time you try and do the same thing you will be given the option again and can make another selection .

azhamz

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
That was a super-fast response. I am a newbie here, and I am beginning to luv this forum..

Tried the advice, job done.. and it works..!!

Thank you very much, mcpricex.. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon