Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why won't my computer recognize my One?

I keep plugging my phone into my computer with different usb cords but there is no recognition.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for once.

Default Re: Why won't my computer recognize my One?

What O/S are you using on the computer? Try updating your USB Drivers, try rebooting your computer, try rebooting the phone when you reboot the computer, etc. Click Start, then computer, then scroll down to the bottom and see if the HTC One is listed there...If it is, dbl click it, open storage, and find whatever folder you want...you can drag-n-drop from the computer then.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    What O/S are you using on the computer? Try updating your USB Drivers, try rebooting your computer, try rebooting the phone when you reboot the computer, etc. Click Start, then computer, then scroll down to the bottom and see if the HTC One is listed there...If it is, dbl click it, open storage, and find whatever folder you want...you can drag-n-drop from the computer then.
    I've done all that numerous times over the last 2 weeks but still nothing.

more details?

what computer?
    what operating system specifically?

have you tried usin another cord

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I never could get it to play nicely with the Sync manager on my Windows 7. Did all kinds of installling/uninstalling, updating, you name it. It still is usable as a mass storage device and MediaMonkey (my music program) syncs to it well. I had to sync it to a friends Windows 7 desktop to get it to work with HTC Sync Manager and get my things from my iPhone.

I have the same issue.
    my one completed its update the other day, and now, when I plug it into my PC, (which has previously worked) it doesnt recognise my phone as a mass storage thingy.
    the biggest pleasure of my phone, was the ability to just snap photos, and REALLY quickly drag and drop copies onto my laptop/PC.
    now, when I plug in (via the HTC cable that came with the phone) to my (Win 7 PC), it shows "HTC_PN071" under 'my computer', but when I pick on it, it does nothing, the options to 'expand' is greyed out, and "open in new window" just opens a blank window.

Ontop of all this, Ive gone and updated HTC sync manager, which is saying "no phone connected" even though my phone is connected, and unlocked (as I have done hundreds of times before, and worked fine)

Also, interestingly, I now get two notifications, which I would post a screen shot of, but I cant get off my damned phone.
    one is
    </> MTP mode enabled
    and the other
    </> HTC Sync Manager

any suggestions appreciated.

AL West - I'm having exact same issue as yours. Everything was working fine with connecting to my laptop until I updated to android kit Kat version.

I even tried to reset my fine but not factory reset. Still no luck. This is a pain as I would have to reinstall all my apps. I may do the factory reset next.

Did you ever find the solution for your problem?

Thank you much for your help.

Alvin

Posted via Android Central App

Try going into settings > more > mobile network sharing > USB smart network sharing

It worked for me through trial and error,re-loads all the drivers etc

Thumbs up Re: Why won't my computer recognize my One?

"Try going into settings > more > mobile network sharing > USB smart network sharing

It worked for me through trial and error,re-loads all the drivers etc"

Thank you so much!!! This works, I must have switched it off somehow. Thank you, thank you, thank you