What I hate about android!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google does update all of their devices at once... SAMSUNG doesn't update TouchWiz devices at once, same with HTC and Sense devices.

Transmitted through spacetime.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
To many options!
I'm being serious here, there are so many ways to customize the phone, that I'm never happy with it! I love launchers, next launcher in particular, it gives my phone an awesome look, and is very functional for me! But then I start missing the stock setup, I love blinkfeed and I love the very subtle approach of sense 5! Also how buttery smooth it is!

Sometimes I wonder if I would be happier with an iPhone or windows phone!

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Android is all about customization: you can change any aspect of the user interface to your liking. iOS and Windows Phone are similar since they're both closed-source operating systems and their UI is not customizable, meaning that the look is chosen by their corresponding creators: you have no say in how the UI appears. (Windows Phone is more lenient and let's you customize tile sizes and such and there are custom WP7 ROMs available)

Sure, one can use the "too many options!" argument, but that's where user preference comes to mind. YOU decide if you want a different user interface or if the preset configurations are acceptable for you. iOS and Windows Phone chooses the experience for you, blatantly assuming that all users will cope with it.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's a lot easier to release updates for "all devices" when you only sell two or three phones.

Even more so if the user interface is incessantly the SAME THING over each firmware iteration. (iOS7 is an exception however but the change is purely cosmetic. No performance tweaks but why would a mobile OS that doesn't even use 30% of CPU or RAM with daily use even need tweaks like that?)

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Even more so if the user interface is incessantly the SAME THING over each firmware iteration. (iOS7 is an exception however but the change is purely cosmetic. No performance tweaks but why would a mobile OS that doesn't even use 30% of CPU or RAM with daily use even need tweaks like that?)

My iPhone 5 regularly uses a lot more than 30% of its RAM in daily use.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 regularly uses a lot more than 30% of its RAM in daily use.

Well then, I should've added "YMMV" to my previous comment.

Either way, I was exaggerating such. iOS just doesn't appear to be using much hardware resources to supplement itself due to the ridiculously simple UI/UX. On the plus side, iOS usually has better app/game performance due to how conservative the OS is.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Really? 163ppi, A4 SoC, 512MB RAM? IMO the iPhone is better when compared to Android phones than the iPad Mini is when compared to Android tablets.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

He's talking about his needs, you're bringing up specs. If I had a 12 core Xeon laptop that had 3 TB of flash storage, a 4K 17"screen, 64 Gb of ram, weighed 2 lbs, and had 30 hours of battery life, but could only run Solaris, it would be useless to me.

Besides, all the Android tablets have wide screens. The conventional 4:3 screen ratio is much better for a tablet.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I know some of you took my post as meaning I dislike android, actually I love it! My personality disorders just don't let me enjoy it! On the day I posted this, I had already done a factory reset, just for the heck of it, set up next launcher the way I wanted it, then got tired of that and went to nova and set it up! At the end of the day I was back on stock sense!

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I know some of you took my post as meaning I dislike android, actually I love it! My personality disorders just don't let me enjoy it! On the day I posted this, I had already done a factory reset, just for the heck of it, set up next launcher the way I wanted it, then got tired of that and went to nova and set it up! At the end of the day I was back on stock sense!

I put Android Revolution on mine (no carrier crapware) I left the interface alone, then I got laid. I don't have time for all that silliness. ;)

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I really want a bigger screen and a good OS, so I tried the HTC One first, but didn't like the Sensa interface and a launcher did not do to much good. I switched to the Nexus 4, while not as fast as LTE, still good enough and compared to the One I even get better battery life as well. Just went down to bed, still 60%. HTC One would be at 30% with 2xBattery as restrictive as it can be. Both phones have the same software and settings. Except the stock launcher vs. Sensa. LOVING ANDROID THOUGH.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I really want a bigger screen and a good OS, so I tried the HTC One first, but didn't like the Sensa interface and a launcher did not do to much good. I switched to the Nexus 4, while not as fast as LTE, still good enough and compared to the One I even get better battery life as well. Just went down to bed, still 60%. HTC One would be at 30% with 2xBattery as restrictive as it can be. Both phones have the same software and settings. Except the stock launcher vs. Sensa. LOVING ANDROID THOUGH.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cool, nice to see that you're enjoying the stock experience! Btw it's Sense, not Sensa ;)

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. How many of you game a lot on your phones?

My wife does more than me, usually if I am bored or have to wait in the doctor's office or something similar of the sort. But I would say for me 10-15 mins a day.

I have tried to play some major releases like Bard's tale on the phone, but it really isn't that great of an experience. Also to me the tablet is too big for some of the games to play on it.

Games like Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Words with Friends are the better experiences on these devices.