Official HTC One screen protector rubbish

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a couple of official screen protectors but they are rubbish!
As the protector seems to be exactly edge to edge it always seems slightly raised / bubbles along the edge no matters how many times you place it down and how straight you line it up, also it just seems to be a fingerprint magnet.
Does anyone know of any other decent protectors? I'd like to get a high quality one but unfortunately my carrier haven't released the 1.29 update yet so "thick" protectors stop back and home button working correctly.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with the official screen protector. I have the device since the 9th of June and had it on it since then. I cannot really say there are any bubbles underneath because I made sure that the guy would install it for me correctly or I'd be tearing it off and requesting a replacement right then and there. However, the quality itself is absolutely horrendous and in a few days it was already scratched and such. It also seems to love dirt, it's honestly like a dirt magnet or something. lol

I'd invest in a screen protector made by ZAGG, they are one of the best companies when it comes to that.

There are also a lot of threads regarding such accessories in this section of the forum, so skim through the pages and take a lot. I am not sure about the thickness of ZAGG protectors, but I believe that they're just very, very slightly thicker than our screen protector.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a ghost armor screen protector. It's similar to the zag ones. Doesn't really feel like glass but isn't too distracting. I bought it at the mall and the guy there installed it for me. Looks good. Can't tell it's on there other than the feel of the screen.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd try Spigen's Ultra crystal screen protector. I've used it on my past 3 phones when i decided that they look better than Zaggs. (My personal opinion and experience anyways) they feel plasticy at first but over time they start to feel smoother and you can glide you fingers across just fine on the display of you swipe you messages or something.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah had the spigen before on my first HTC one but even that stopped the home and back button working right, had to press really hard for it to work.
How are the Zagg and ghost armour protectors if using software 1.28 do they work ok?