Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default goodbye htc one...

loved this phone and still do, but after venturing into the world of android and large screen phones i crave more...so going to try out a note 2. at least until the HTC phablet version of the one comes out! will miss this beast but i love a change!

factory reset in 3,2,1...

Default Re: goodbye htc one...

Enjoy the Note.. It's not a bad phone at all .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    lpt2569, Aquila and nancybout like this.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Hope you like the Note... I just couldn't do with the Touch Wiz stuff
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

If you are going that way, why not wait for the Note 3? I guess it should have a 1080p screen and other improvements over the Note 2 model.

IF you can or want to wait, that is. Just a thought.

Enjoy the note 2! It is a nice phone. If you hate touchwiz, you'll probably end up getting another launcher or rooting, anyway.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atrpm View Post
    I just couldn't do with the Touch Wiz stuff
    Nova/Apex/Go/Next/ADW/Holo...

I haven't had the chance to play around with the HTC One but I do own the Note 2 and I must say that it's a great phone!!
    lpt2569 and nancybout like this.

wow, I thought you were a die hard.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Nova/Apex/Go/Next/ADW/Holo...
    I know... I tried but still didn't like the experince, I got the One and to be honest I love HTC Sense 5.0 experience... it has a sense of quality that I did not find the the S4 (software and hardware)... originally coming from an iPhone 5... the One was the phone I was looking for!

If you don't need a pen, may I suggest a LG Optimus Pro G
    Aquila and Jaredshoes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    LG Optimus Pro G
    Awesome, awesome phone. Wish I was on AT&T, I'd get my hands on one of those too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atrpm View Post
    the One was the phone I was looking for!
    Cool, it's nice there are so many options in Android-Land!
    nancybout likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

So took the plunge, just like that! Are features ill miss but im loving the size, never thought I would like a two handed phone! Will use for 6 montha then chooae between the note 3 and htcs phablet. Madlow - im always up for change, still have a soft spot for the one and sense 5, im also missing htcs stock browser.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app
    madlaw1071 likes this.

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

I owned a Galaxy S3 for a while and I must say that even though TouchWiz has its share of crazy problems and almost constant laggyness, it still packs some absolutely amazing features that would be great to have on the One (although more refined, of course). Congratulations on your Note 2, I am sure you'll love it - from what I hear and from my friends' experiences, the Note II is the best Samsung device today, even better than the S4.

I love the Note 2, said it many time only sold it to upgrade to the latest.

Is it so bad that you can't hold on to it for 3-4 months and wait for the Samsung Note 3, hTc One Max or Sony XPERIA Z Ultra.

Global Posts
    30,922 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

The Note 2 is a very solid device. I agree that if you aren't liking TouchWiz, you can download Nova.

i have both note 2 and htc one but i used to prefer HTC ONE X S720E Price in India, Reviews 2013 - Price in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    If you don't need a pen, may I suggest a LG Optimus Pro G
    I agree 100%. That's an incredible phone.
    Farish likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Welcome to the Note 2..We welcome you to the home of constant lag, stutters, features that don't work, poor quality audio and the shameful need to turn a whole bunch of stuff off just to get a somewhat smooth experience.
    flexfield and TomsAndroid like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Should have gone with the LG Optimus pro..Dude you just made a serious downgrade of a phone and likely paid more..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Smith View Post
    So took the plunge, just like that! Are features ill miss but im loving the size, never thought I would like a two handed phone! Will use for 6 montha then chooae between the note 3 and htcs phablet. Madlow - im always up for change, still have a soft spot for the one and sense 5, im also missing htcs stock browser.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Should have gone with the LG Optimus pro..Dude you just made a serious downgrade of a phone and likely paid more..lol
    And you guys are all foolish for not waiting for the next ultimate phone coming out in the near to indeterminate future.

I think you'll love the Note 2. It's a great phone.

Welcome to the Note 2..We welcome you to the home of constant lag, stutters, features that don't work, poor quality audio and the shameful need to turn a whole bunch of stuff off just to get a somewhat smooth experience.
    Truth. Don't forget about cheap plastic build and mushy buttons. I think with the S 4 a lot of people have really had it with cheap plastic and out of control Touchwiz while others rationalize it.

Agree. I think it's a better device with better build quality and screen. I never used S-pen on the Note 2. If it was on Verizon I would have the LG now.
    AngelArs likes this.

Best of luck, but honestly I had the GN2, great phone, great size . . . BUT . . . the pathetic amount of internal storage about 10GB or less just made it unusable for me. The 720p screen is also a downer now compared to the new 1080p. If you could wait the GN3 will be out in a few months and rumors do say 32GB is a real possibility, at least 1080p will be there.

There are just more accessories for Samsung phones in general over the One. I give credit when due. And I was a former Note 2 fan boy.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Truth. Don't forget about cheap plastic build and mushy buttons. I think with the S 4 a lot of people have really had it with cheap plastic and out of control Touchwiz while others rationalize it.

Agree. I think it's a better device with better build quality and screen. I never used S-pen on the Note 2. If it was on Verizon I would have the LG now.
    Much better in my opinion..Especially the software seems much more optimized. After I kept the HTC One for a week I realized that Android is just as smooth as IOS if done correctly. I won't buy another Samsung product until the focus on optimization and a new build.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast