Battery Battle!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
9 hours of video playback? 9 hours of browsing? What kind of b.s numbers are those? You can barely get 4 hours of screen time with the HTC One on low/auto brightness.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
9 hours of video playback? 9 hours of browsing? What kind of b.s numbers are those? You can barely get 4 hours of screen time with the HTC One on low/auto brightness.

Very true! I get great battery life but only around 4.5-5.0 hours of screen time on most days.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Most tests all say about the same for the HTC One so I don't think it's BS. Remember when they do these tests they have it setup for battery management, most likely have nothing else on the device, disable syncs and most likely put the phone in airplane mode. So a lot of factors get cut out from the normal use that we do.

Like for me I know screen drains my battery but I also know utilizing mobile data all day is also a big drain.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Do all of the things on your checklist like disabling sync and even mobile data and I promise you you will not reach those numbers, not even close.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do all of the things on your checklist like disabling sync and even mobile data and I promise you you will not reach those numbers, not even close.

Honestly if you haven't done it your just guessing. If most battery reviews are getting 8-9 hours on video loop I doubt it's a coincident. It's the same with the Galaxies and other phones.. Normal use drains it more.. How they do it they are stressing only one thing at a time.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but I guess the only way to find out is to try but I must use Mobile Data so yeah, I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. Do not remind me of the battery life on the Galaxy S3, it was way worse than my One X's and I thought the latter was terrible when I had it, haha. It's a good thing the S3 had a removable back cover, otherwise I would have sold it it only a couple of weeks after buying it. That being said, though, the S3 is a great device that is really undermined by TouchWiz's laggyness, however it is still feature packed, powerful and very sleek in size, holding it was very comfortable, even with the OEM flip cover installed.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they're leaving it up to you to extrapolate the data.

If you watch movies a lot, you can figure out with all else being equal which phone's battery life will be the best for you. When there is a couple hours difference between the top and the middle, that can be significant for say someone that rides a train to and from work an hour and a half each way.

The browsing one is a bit iffy because it's going to depend more on your data connection.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but I guess the only way to find out is to try but I must use Mobile Data so yeah, I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. Do not remind me of the battery life on the Galaxy S3, it was way worse than my One X's and I thought the latter was terrible when I had it, haha. It's a good thing the S3 had a removable back cover, otherwise I would have sold it it only a couple of weeks after buying it. That being said, though, the S3 is a great device that is really undermined by TouchWiz's laggyness, however it is still feature packed, powerful and very sleek in size, holding it was very comfortable, even with the OEM flip cover installed.

Agreed. I can't go without mobile data.. Ever lol :p.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Simply not true. I regularly break 6. People in the battery thread posted screenshots of 7+. It's definitely possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz