Does WidgetLocker Drains your battery too?

yellow slider

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've installed WidgetLocker yesterday, it uses 15% battery! I'm only using NiLS notification widget, a regular clock and one of the sliders (ICS). I'm very disappointed from the fact that there's no notification center in the lock screen (this is a MUST HAVE), so I paid a little extra and I'm still screwed with the battery life. in 4.2.2 we will not have to use WidgetLocker in order to use NiLS (which kind of sucks too), but until then, I'm screwed.

btw, does HTC SENSE drains your battery too? it consumes about 20-25% of the battery (WTF?).

I'm also using Auto Screen On in order to avoid using the upper button all the time, why not giving us a Home button?!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've installed WidgetLocker yesterday, it uses 15% battery! I'm only using NiLS notification widget, a regular clock and one of the sliders (ICS). I'm very disappointed from the fact that there's no notification center in the lock screen (this is a MUST HAVE), so I paid a little extra and I'm still screwed with the battery life. in 4.2.2 we will not have to use WidgetLocker in order to use NiLS (which kind of sucks too), but until then, I'm screwed.

btw, does HTC SENSE drains your battery too? it consumes about 20-25% of the battery (WTF?).

I'm also using Auto Screen On in order to avoid using the upper button all the time, why not giving us a Home button?!

Yes it will use some of the battery. Sense does as well because your using it. In some shape or form it uses the battery. How much? I don't know to be honest.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I've not noticed any appreciable drain from using WidgetLocker and the NILS widget. I do have the timeout set to a minimum so the screen doesn't stay on long when notifications come in.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as sense battery use... Some early reports of the nexus HTC one indicate it gets about an extra hour of battery life

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781