Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fraslin
  • 1 Post By audio6996
  • 1 Post By Farish
  • 2 Post By CHILLYWILL_95831
  • 1 Post By akk60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Default Has anyone tried Snapdragon's BatteryGuru application?

I generally stay away from applications that claim to optimize battery life because I just don't trust them, especially after I used one on my older One X and it ended up screwing the battery life more than extending it. I do not remember that application's name, unfortunately, but if my memory doesn't fail me it was Juice Defender.

Anyhow I stumbled upon this application: Snapdragon BatteryGuru and I have read a lot of reviews as well as articles claiming that it does improve your battery life a whole lot by learning how you use your device in the first four days and in the fifth actually optimizing it.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Has anyone tried Snapdragon's BatteryGuru application?

I haven't used this app before but I am intrigued by it now. I'm going to have to check it out and report back with my findings

EDIT: Never mind, apparently my phone (Galaxy Note 2) isn't compatible
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I have heard about it on HTC-dedicated sections so I wasn't really aware about the Note incompatibility. I hope someone here can chime in with their experience regarding this, but I am going to try it either way and report back with my findings as well.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I don't have any hard data but can say that it improved my battery life without any noticeable impact. Note that I run the built in Power Saver full time too. Have no problem making it through the day with podcast listening, email, facebook, ingress, etc.
    mpanju7 and TarekElsakka like this.

I have been using it for a month and i have seen an improvement. I was away for a weekend recently and forgot my charger. I used the HTC ONE pretty hard for web use,radio news, music, gaming apps and making calls and when i got home after three days i still had 44% of the battery! I also like that i can keep the screen brightness up all the way now. Some members of this forum have had mixed feelings about this app but i am happy with it and i have stopped using the power saver that comes with the phone.
    TarekElsakka likes this.

I have used it and still do. What I found was that it learns what and when to turn things on and off like wifi and bluetooth. I don't have a good pattern for it to follow so it would turn things on and off when I didn't need them. I can see that it could help some people that never turn those thing off but for me I manage my power pretty good. I still use it just not for wifi, bluetooth or data because it uses very little battery and it may help a little with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    Oh I am sorry to hear that. I have heard about it on HTC-dedicated sections so I wasn't really aware about the Note incompatibility. I hope someone here can chime in with their experience regarding this, but I am going to try it either way and report back with my findings as well.
    No worries. I should had read the description first before getting all post-happy

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

I have used on my S3 and now on my HTC One. It does seem to give me a bump on managing the battery usage and battery juice. I do notice it has learned well regular visited places with wi-fi. For example, once I am out of wifi range, it will turn it off. But when I arrive to my home after work, sometime it will not turn on my wifi.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

I had not seen a significant impact on battery, and had to turn off the WiFi management, as it was turning it on and off when I didn't need it/wasn't available. It's still on, just without Wifi management. Doesn't seem to do any harm.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    I have used it and still do. What I found was that it learns what and when to turn things on and off like wifi and bluetooth. I don't have a good pattern for it to follow so it would turn things on and off when I didn't need them. I can see that it could help some people that never turn those thing off but for me I manage my power pretty good. I still use it just not for wifi, bluetooth or data because it uses very little battery and it may help a little with other things.
    Thanks for your reply. I rarely ever use Wi-Fi because I have an 8GB data package and to be honest HSPA speeds are better than my slow ADSL. I do use Bluetooth when I am driving however that doesn't take more than thirty minutes to an hour per day, so it's not really a problem. I was interested in BatteryGuru in terms of brightness optimization, turning syncing on and off according to my usage, informing me of applications that have a lot of wakelocks and could be draining my battery (BetterBatteryStats used to do that for me but I found it very inaccurate recently) and ways to get a better battery life. I am not a hardcore user by any chance, however I like to get through the day with listening to music, bluetooth connectivity, phone calls, chatting (mainly WhatsApp and texting), tapatalk and some browsing, and I am going to see if BatteryGuru can improve the screen time for me.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I used for a week... to be honest on my particular case nothing major on saving if any at all... I installed JuiceDefender took 15min to read all the instruccions and customaze it to my personal use... It's been amazing for me.

My wife and I both have used it, She has a HTC One. She didn't notice any improvement, Neither did I. In fact for me, the decisions it was learning, seems to have instead driven me nuts.
    mpanju7 likes this.

Let me know how it is for you trying it. I tried Juice Defender back in the day and didn't notice anything except same battery with more annoyances such as my data being turned off :o.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    I generally stay away from applications that claim to optimize battery life because I just don't trust them, especially after I used one on my older One X and it ended up screwing the battery life more than extending it. I do not remember that application's name, unfortunately, but if my memory doesn't fail me it was Juice Defender.

Anyhow I stumbled upon this application: Snapdragon BatteryGuru and I have read a lot of reviews as well as articles claiming that it does improve your battery life a whole lot by learning how you use your device in the first four days and in the fifth actually optimizing it.

I tried it until it figured out my phone usage and then when it went active, it heated my phone up and burned the battery down in record time. It's a total "NO GO" for the HTC One!

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.
    TarekElsakka and saosid like this.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

To tarek it's for phones with snap dragon processors, I tried installing it on my brother's s4 but it didn't install because he has the exyons model
    As for the app it self, it works very well. I have it and my phone barely uses any battery while on standby

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App
    TarekElsakka likes this.
    Banned

These apps do nothing but cause radio issues I tried it on my DNA and it kept knocking the mobile data off like juicedefender it is more annoying then helpful.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Works pretty well on the Verizon s4. Automatically recognizes locations to turn on wifi and turn off wifi. I just leave it there to do its thing. Considering there is a possibility that I will just buy a bigger sized battery it really don't matter that much to me whether its there or not.