Unable to save attachments from GMAIL app...frustrated!!!

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am able to save attachments (photos) from the stock email app. However, when trying to save photos from the gmail app, it won't work. When I tap on the photo attachment in the gmail app, it goes to a screen displaying the photo against black backdrop, and a blue bar continually scrolling beneath it. If I let it, it would go on for hours.

I've tried toggling different settings with the app, tried on WiFi and mobile data, crossing fingers, doing a ritualistic dance, etc. Nothing works!!!

Can anyone help me?????

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
. . . crossing fingers, doing a ritualistic dance, etc.
Clockwise, or counterclockwise??

Seriously, I can't help much, except to say that attachments behave for me in the Gmail app. The only setting I found pertaining is to Automatically download them, which I have UNchecked.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
And just like that, gmail app is updated right now and the save function works! What timing!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen on a few pics in the past, on my S3. It's usually a corrupted attachment and has to do with the person uploading it. It's almost like a bad checksum. Ask the person who sent the pic to resend it.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen on a few pics in the past, on my S3. It's usually a corrupted attachment and has to do with the person uploading it. It's almost like a bad checksum. Ask the person who sent the pic to resend it.
File was fine. App wasn't working right. After GMail App update yesterday, it works ok. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781