Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One ringtone format?

Hello,

I'm new to Android (5 years iPhone user) and I can't figure out how to add ringotnes to my device.
    I found HTC Sync Manager and transfered all my iPhone stuff.
    Now I found a folder in my phone called 'Ringtones' but when I want to add files they are all grey. He doesn't take .m4r or .m4a or .mp3 ...
    Can anyone tell me how to add them, without putting the mp3 file in your music app?

thank you

Default Re: HTC One ringtone format?

It's is mp3

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmm ... I can't add mp3 files to that folder I talked about. Is there an other way?

Have you looked into Box before? You could upload all the ringtones to Box, then download them to your phone, and transfer them to your ringtone folder.

Rather roundabout method, I know, but it'll probably work.

Be sure to set the download folder location in Box to the ringtone folder on your phone, and after you've transfered the ringtones, set it back to the original download folder, if you pursue this route.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1
    Banned

Plug your phone into your pc; once it recognizes it, open the following path:

Computer/HTC One/Internal Storage/Ringtones

As soon as I drop my mp3 into that path, its instantly available for me to choose as a ringtone.

Use airdroid, you literally get a folder called ringtones to drag and drop mp3s

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Aaah, Airdroid did the trick for me! Thank you
    Banned

Airdroid is an awesome program....but it still puzzles me, because you should not have to use that program to get it to work; but at the end of the day, as long as your happy!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yeah well, the HTC Sync Manager, looks pretty solid to me, but I couldn't add ringtones.. But besides that I'm happy with it

You don't need to use android or any third party pp. Just find the song in your music player click options and set as ring tone, there is even a "trim" option so you can just select the part of the mp3 you want.

Sorry just noticed you did say how to do it without using music app but you can always delete the mp3 from library after, still faster than using airdroid
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

And if you delete the mp3 file in your music app it still stays in the ringtones list?

The thing is I downloaded some 3 to 7 second sounds in mp3 for ringtones on my iPhone, so it would be annoying when those are listed in my actual 'songlist' in the music app..

Quote Originally Posted by NicolasV View Post
    And if you delete the mp3 file in your music app it still stays in the ringtones list?

The thing is I downloaded some 3 to 7 second sounds in mp3 for ringtones on my iPhone, so it would be annoying when those are listed in my actual 'songlist' in the music app..
    If the files are in the ringtones or notifications folder they shouldn't show up in the music player.

I have placed an mp3 in notifications and ringtones folder and can't get the HTC Text Messaging app to see it. Is there a special folder for that?

Hi everyone
    I'm from the UK. I have recently got an HTC ONE after 3 years of being an iphone user. I'm not sure if the UK versions differ from the U.S version......Here's the problem or problems. In the grouped apps under media, there are 2 music apps. Play music and music. I downloaded a song from the play store and I want to set it as a ringtone...However, the song went to the play music app which doesn't allow you to set the song as a ringtone. This can only be done in the music app. Any suggestions on how to move the song to music app or another way to set it as a ringtone?.......Also sync manager doesn't work on my PC and Windows media player doesn't recognise the phone either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Default No Trim Option

For some reason, on my HTC One M8 there is no Trim option when I go to the 3 dot thingy in the upper right hand corner (while a song is playing). I just get the option to Set as Ringtone and then either as Phone or Contact. When I select Phone, it just sets the ringtone but doesn't allow me to trim. Any help?

I synced old iPhones music to the HTC so maybe it's an Apple proprietary thing?

Default Re: No Trim Option

Setting MP3 as a ringtone is easy. But when I set an MP3 as a ringtone it is very low compared to other ringtones available in the device. Can someone tell me some trick to enhance ringtone volume? Or I have soundforge, is there any frequency or bit rate that plays best in my HTC One M9+?