UCBrowser

k2green

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried using the stock browser, then chrome, dolphin, boat. Had issues with all of them. Decided to give UCBrowser a shot- I really, really like it. It is fast and intuitive. Scrolling through pages is easy. Night mode, screen shots, incognito mode, and dialer are cool. Being able to download video to watch offline is fantastic. Can't say enough about this browser.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That's nice, I am going to give it a shot. I really want a browser than can handle text as well as Safari on iOS does, in a way that when you choose to double tap a certain area in the text, it automatically optimizes it for your viewing pleasures. On Chrome, Dolphin and stock I was not able to do that at all.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the HD version on my tablet for some time and its excellent. I particularly like swiping to open/close/switch tabs and it is definitely one of the fastest browsers available.

The phone version is another matter though, no faster than stock and far fewer features than the HD version. I'll carry on using the tablet version but until they update the phone one to match I'll stick with my stock/chrome/opera combo.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to try Firefox as well. It used to be my default browser on Windows before Chrome was released, but in my opinion it was slow and bloated, even on Windows, so I'd imagine it'd be a similar case on Android?

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That's nice, I am going to give it a shot. I really want a browser than can handle text as well as Safari on iOS does, in a way that when you choose to double tap a certain area in the text, it automatically optimizes it for your viewing pleasures. On Chrome, Dolphin and stock I was not able to do that at all.

Opera Mobile does that quite nicely.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I already use Dolphin Browser. I have tried Maxthon browser before but I didn't like it. I don't know Boat, Next or Puffin but I am going to look into them. Thanks.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I found Chrome to be the worst on my cell phone... Great on my laptop but bad on the cell.. Very sluggish and slow.. I prefer Dolphin or Stock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to try Firefox as well. It used to be my default browser on Windows before Chrome was released, but in my opinion it was slow and bloated, even on Windows, so I'd imagine it'd be a similar case on Android?

Have you tried Firefox now on windows? It's just as fast if not faster than chrome (really). On android I find it to be a lot faster than chrome, plus it also supports add ons like it's windows version, so no ads will be bothering me (ad block plus).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
@SuperMarioVT

What? It's not sluggish at all on my s4, in fact I swear it loads pages faster than chrome does.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Firefox now on windows? It's just as fast if not faster than chrome (really). On android I find it to be a lot faster than chrome, plus it also supports add ons like it's windows version, so no ads will be bothering me (ad block plus).

I downloaded it on Android and then on Windows. I downloaded it on Windows mainly so I can import all the bookmarks and settings from Chrome, and then transfer those to my Android Firefox. I am going to try it on Windows and see how it is, perhaps I could start using it from now on.

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Xscope browser is very nice. Faster and less bloated than all I've tried (chrome, dolphin, stock, boat, maxthon, opera). Really recommend it

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Chrome and Opera are great browsers for what I do. I've tried Dolphin a longtime ago and will consider using it again as it's improved since I last used it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Chrome and Opera are great browsers for what I do. I've tried Dolphin a longtime ago and will consider using it again as it's improved since I last used it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh most definitely. The last update, V10, is very different that it feels like a whole new, much better and improved browser. I totally recommend it and FireFox. I have been using FireFox Mobile today and I am loving it so far. It isn't quite as fast as Dolphin, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams