What firmware is your One running? (and what is the latest)

thecarmaddad

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Got my HTC a few days ago.

I was wondering if anyone can list the software updates since launch. Mine is currently running 1.29.401.16 - is this the latest?

The reason I ask is because my battery life is poor and the camera could perform better, I've heard these are a couple of issues that got addressed in an update. I'm on T-Mobile UK if this helps

Cheers

Posted with my HTC One via Android Central App

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
According to XDA, you should be running the latest firmware that's been released so far. Try going into settings and then check for any software updates just to make sure. If there's no update available, then you should be good!

I have 2.17.401.1 only because I'm rooted and running a custom ROM.
If I were not rooted and everything, I'd be on 1.29.401.12

thecarmaddad

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks, hmm really disappointed with the battery life and the camera seems far to over exposed

Posted with my HTC One via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, 1.29 is the latest one officially at the moment. I have heard that in Taiwan they received the latest 4.2.2 update over the air, though, which is based on 2.17.

Give it more time to settle before the battery starts performing well. Also keep in mind that brightness, vibration settings, sync and a lot of other things affect battery life - always try to minimize those things; also don't let your battery drop below 30 - 40% before you charge it because it is supposedly bad for it and shortens its life span.

A lot of threads here have some great tips regarding battery life, so check them out. If nothing works, just get an external battery cover (like the Mophie juice pack which is very slim) if you don't want to sell the device.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My One is running 1.26.502.12 as software number, is this the same as firmware? If so, how do I update?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My One is running 1.26.502.12 as software number, is this the same as firmware? If so, how do I update?

Yes that's the same number.

However, to see if you have the current version?

Go into your settings - about (all the way down) - software updates- check now.
Update if there is a newer version?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's the same number.

However, to see if you have the current version?

Go into your settings - about (all the way down) - software updates- check now.
Update if there is a newer version?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One
Yep! If there is an update available, then you can upgrade to a newer version. If not, you're on the latest release.