HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %

Status
Not open for further replies.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like all major smart phone sales are declining.

HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The company?s sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialin?s office went unanswered.

Most Emerging Stocks Rise as Philippines, India Gain; HTC Drops - Bloomberg

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Phones sales do drop after hype. I bet Samsung s4 has sold less then 5 million units this week compared to their opening of 10. People who really want the phone get it early. Hence high early numbers.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the One is a great device and my Stealth Black is sitting right next to me as we speak but these figures do not surprise me. I have yet to see a single One in the wild. Meanwhile at my gym I have seen several S4's and at a concert Sat night, just in my immediate vicinity I saw 3 S4s, a couple S3s and a whole lots of iPhone 5s.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Also remember that in the US, smartphones are unique among electronics purchases as they are the only item subsidized by the service provider whose network you user them on.

In other words, consumers often wait for an eligible upgrade to buy unlike with TVs, computers, etc.

Imagine your cable company subsidized the cost of buying a new TV if you signed up for a two year contract. :p

Not that I would EVER sign a contract with Comcast.

If the next Nexus phone has LTE and stays under $400, I will strongly consider getting one. I don't use phone insurance and would like a viable back up device.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like a post to bring out all the trolls and gremlins.. Been there done that.. I'll just read all the entertaining arguments..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372691062450.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372691062450.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would think that most devices, see their most sales (within a short amount of time) at launch and within a couple months. Ironically, when the price is at it's peak LOL. After that it's probably will settle at a certain level for another few months and then tank and the next big Android will be coming shortly after. It's very hard to maintain a high, consistent sales flow with the way devices are turned over and something new is on the way. I also think with most Android phones, they see this cycle a lot quicker because the next big Android is right around the corner.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the One is a great device and my Stealth Black is sitting right next to me as we speak but these figures do not surprise me. I have yet to see a single One in the wild. Meanwhile at my gym I have seen several S4's and at a concert Sat night, just in my immediate vicinity I saw 3 S4s, a couple S3s and a whole lots of iPhone 5s.

I seem a couple ones already, silver only but what's funny is I still see more evo lte out there.

But I see alot of s3 and s4 out there and note 2

Not many phones sell besides the iPhones and galaxy these days, hype goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

saalnaz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Also, if im not mistaken, isnt verizon the largest carrier in the US and HTC one has not been launched on it yet from my understanding...so the figures will be upped once its launched on Verizon guess...
and how can someone differentiate between S3 and S4...they look almost same, no? especially with a cover...
i think HTC will do fine for the future because they were able to break in and produce something amazing..people know it now..once its known people will go for it..some may have purchased the S4 without knowing of HTC one so those may wait until next itinerary of HTC to replace their phones..dont forget, HTC will be releasing HTC butterfly S which looks good also especially the battery...then they will probably release a note sized phone to compete with the note...droids in any case are gaining market share ...

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The company?s sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialin?s office went unanswered.

Link? Cannot find anything on bloomberg to verify this.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I've seen a few out in the wild. My boss for one. Playing with hers made my decision to get one. One of my daughters friends dad has one. They are there. Also, there's that Budlight commercial featuring the One.....

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
What I really like is the op is nothing more than a troll in this forum.. He owns a s4 and previous posts in that forum are all pro s4. His posts in the one forum are nothing more than posts to stir up controversy or get people worked up..

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What I really like is the op is nothing more than a troll in this forum.. He owns a s4 and previous posts in that forum are all pro s4. His posts in the one forum are nothing more than posts to stir up controversy or get people worked up..

I agree with the above 100%. Please also note that the link the OP provided does not even tie to his post title or post contents. This sort of thing happens all the time, and someone should put a stop to it.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I thought we were just sitting back and eating popcorn in this thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699