Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Habiib
  • 2 Post By Fairclough
  • 1 Post By madlaw1071
  • 1 Post By RenoD2010
  • 5 Post By Topgonzo
  • 2 Post By mrbootcrm
  • 1 Post By delta7
  • 2 Post By Topgonzo
  • 2 Post By AdamsHouseCat
  • 2 Post By madlaw1071
  • 1 Post By mrbootcrm
  • 1 Post By Farish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %

Looks like all major smart phone sales are declining.

HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The companys sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialins office went unanswered.

Most Emerging Stocks Rise as Philippines, India Gain; HTC Drops - Bloomberg

Default Re: HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %

Lmbo!!! This is too funny! First thing in the morning. :-D

Posted via Android Central App
    Topgonzo and satannik like this.

Phones sales do drop after hype. I bet Samsung s4 has sold less then 5 million units this week compared to their opening of 10. People who really want the phone get it early. Hence high early numbers.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    DS1331 and petaf like this.

I think the One is a great device and my Stealth Black is sitting right next to me as we speak but these figures do not surprise me. I have yet to see a single One in the wild. Meanwhile at my gym I have seen several S4's and at a concert Sat night, just in my immediate vicinity I saw 3 S4s, a couple S3s and a whole lots of iPhone 5s.
    scorpiodsu likes this.

Also remember that in the US, smartphones are unique among electronics purchases as they are the only item subsidized by the service provider whose network you user them on.

In other words, consumers often wait for an eligible upgrade to buy unlike with TVs, computers, etc.

Imagine your cable company subsidized the cost of buying a new TV if you signed up for a two year contract.

Not that I would EVER sign a contract with Comcast.

If the next Nexus phone has LTE and stays under $400, I will strongly consider getting one. I don't use phone insurance and would like a viable back up device.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    Grizzly_Atoms likes this.

Nothing like a post to bring out all the trolls and gremlins.. Been there done that.. I'll just read all the entertaining arguments..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %-uploadfromtaptalk1372691062450.jpg  

I would think that most devices, see their most sales (within a short amount of time) at launch and within a couple months. Ironically, when the price is at it's peak LOL. After that it's probably will settle at a certain level for another few months and then tank and the next big Android will be coming shortly after. It's very hard to maintain a high, consistent sales flow with the way devices are turned over and something new is on the way. I also think with most Android phones, they see this cycle a lot quicker because the next big Android is right around the corner.

Hooray!
    Gator352 and Topgonzo like this.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    I think the One is a great device and my Stealth Black is sitting right next to me as we speak but these figures do not surprise me. I have yet to see a single One in the wild. Meanwhile at my gym I have seen several S4's and at a concert Sat night, just in my immediate vicinity I saw 3 S4s, a couple S3s and a whole lots of iPhone 5s.
    I seem a couple ones already, silver only but what's funny is I still see more evo lte out there.

But I see alot of s3 and s4 out there and note 2

Not many phones sell besides the iPhones and galaxy these days, hype goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    wolverines0607 likes this.

Lightbulb Re: HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %

I have yet to see a single One in the wild.
    When I go out I don't let anyone see my One. Too many people are getting robbed.

Clickity-Click.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

Also, if im not mistaken, isnt verizon the largest carrier in the US and HTC one has not been launched on it yet from my understanding...so the figures will be upped once its launched on Verizon guess...
    and how can someone differentiate between S3 and S4...they look almost same, no? especially with a cover...
    i think HTC will do fine for the future because they were able to break in and produce something amazing..people know it now..once its known people will go for it..some may have purchased the S4 without knowing of HTC one so those may wait until next itinerary of HTC to replace their phones..dont forget, HTC will be releasing HTC butterfly S which looks good also especially the battery...then they will probably release a note sized phone to compete with the note...droids in any case are gaining market share ...

Lightbulb Re: HTC ONE sales decline 14 to 20 %

Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The companys sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialins office went unanswered.
    Link? Cannot find anything on bloomberg to verify this.

I've seen a few out in the wild. My boss for one. Playing with hers made my decision to get one. One of my daughters friends dad has one. They are there. Also, there's that Budlight commercial featuring the One.....
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by AngelArs View Post
    Link? Cannot find anything on bloomberg to verify this.
    Here's another: JCI Slides as Most Asia Indices Make Gains - The Jakarta Globe

Quote Originally Posted by tohio View Post
    What I really like is the op is nothing more than a troll in this forum.. He owns a s4 and previous posts in that forum are all pro s4. His posts in the one forum are nothing more than posts to stir up controversy or get people worked up..

AngelArs and decypher44 like this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    What I really like is the op is nothing more than a troll in this forum.. He owns a s4 and previous posts in that forum are all pro s4. His posts in the one forum are nothing more than posts to stir up controversy or get people worked up..

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

I agree with the above 100%. Please also note that the link the OP provided does not even tie to his post title or post contents. This sort of thing happens all the time, and someone should put a stop to it.
    AngelArs and decypher44 like this.

I thought we were just sitting back and eating popcorn in this thread?
    Topgonzo and AngelArs like this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsHouseCat View Post
    I agree with the above 100%. Please also note that the link the OP provided does not even tie to his post title or post contents. This sort of thing happens all the time, and someone should put a stop to it.
    The Bloomberg link has changed, here's another: JCI Slides as Most Asia Indices Make Gains - The Jakarta Globe

I ran out buddy. :-(

I am disappointed that the modes would allow you to troll this board like this. I know what the intent of this post is and it's not to provide information. But since it's OK here you go.

Samsung Slides Equivalent of Sony as S4 Sales Disappoint - Bloomberg

If we have something to add of value to a discussion then great. If were here to simply throw down the " troll " word and add to the nonsense then please just move along. Your not doing any good except continuing to bump threads to the top that would otherwise die off quickly on their own.

Thanks.

Paul
    Forums Moderator.

I ate a bag of canna-corn. That made sure I sat back. Let the joust resume!
    Topgonzo likes this.

As much as I enjoy and like tohio's threads, all I can think of in the back of my mind is he has publicly admitted to owning a Buick.
    AngelArs likes this.

As I figured this is going nowhere and people continue to ignore a moderators comments.

CLOSED.