So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?
    07-01-2013 03:43 PM
    So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?
    I've experienced this happening with iOS devices. See if that's the case first.
    07-01-2013 03:51 PM
    07-02-2013 09:36 AM
    Group messaging is still broken on Android but is supposed to be fixed with 4.2.2.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    07-02-2013 09:59 AM
    Group messaging is still broken on Android but is supposed to be fixed with 4.2.2.
    Thank you.
    07-02-2013 11:21 AM