Sense 5 SMS app stopped working problem

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's been a week since I started seeing this problem. Randomly it will stop working when I try to open it. If I receive a message, I can tap on the notification and it will show it, letting me reply and all. If I close it after replying (using the task manager) it will show the stopped working prompt when I try to open.

A phone restart solves it, but it will randomly happen again and I will need to restart for it to work when tapping the icon. Any thoughts?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd contact your carrier. It sounds like you blocked texts.. A reboot will allow a few until re-recognized... Edit... Never mind... Quit using a task killer...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd contact your carrier. It sounds like you blocked texts.. A reboot will allow a few until re-recognized... Edit... Never mind... Quit using a task killer...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I will try to close it with a task killer but I think a restart does the same so it randomly will close itself again when I to open it. Will try it anyway, though.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I will try to close it with a task killer but I think a restart does the same so it randomly will close itself again when I to open it. Will try it anyway, though.

He said don't use a task killer. Don't even use the multitasking screen to close it. There's really no reason to.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
He said don't use a task killer. Don't even use the multitasking screen to close it. There's really no reason to.

I read his comment too quickly. I don't use task killers. In the description of my problem I meant the multitasking screen.

I don't need or want to close it in any way, but I can't open it sometimes when I want to write a SMS to someone because it closes as soon as displaying the messages list. If I received a message and tap on the notification I can use the app normally, but not when I want to open so I can write a msg.

It's weird this is happening. I don't use SMS that much but it's annoying that I can use the stock app for those rare occasions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay