Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By jiggyb21
  • 1 Post By AngelArs
  • 2 Post By sidekickkdx
  • 3 Post By Gator352
  • 1 Post By rolapinou
  • 2 Post By HalizDad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default My absolute only complaint about the One.

    I'm sure this has been discussed at great length here but I literally have only ONE complaint about my One.
    I'm the first person to admit the shortcomings of my many personal electronics and this phone, including Sense 5, has checked all the boxes for me except the unbelievable oversight that is the constant red charging indicator. I know my phone is charging as evidenced by the black cord sticking out of it that connects to the wall. What I want to know is when I have a text, email or missed call. That's what the light is for. The time my phone is charging is the only time it's not on my person. To me making it the most crucial time when the indicator light tells me I've missed something at a glance. I know this must bother people.

    Anyway, I throw throw out there in case I missed the thread that includes the fix for this.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Grizzly_Atoms likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed at great length here but I literally have only ONE complaint about my One.
    I'm the first person to admit the shortcomings of my many personal electronics and this phone, including Sense 5, has checked all the boxes for me except the unbelievable oversight that is the constant red charging indicator. I know my phone is charging as evidenced by the black cord sticking out of it that connects to the wall. What I want to know is when I have a text, email or missed call. That's what the light is for. The time my phone is charging is the only time it's not on my person. To me making it the most crucial time when the indicator light tells me I've missed something at a glance. I know this must bother people.

    Anyway, I throw throw out there in case I missed the thread that includes the fix for this.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    This is how is work on all sense phones is how it works on my htc evo LTE. On ya cs3 when incoming text her notification comes in the notification light changes so maybe you should get this s4.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    First time I've ever heard of anyone complain about that haha :P

    Anyway, if it's any consolation, all phones I've owned that have an LED (not you, iDevices) have the red charging indicator. Now, at least in Samsung phones I know there's a way to turn this off, so I guess SOMEONE must have complained about it before...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, wait... you mean that the light stays on red while charging, EVEN if you have a notification pending??!! Oh that's just nasty... bad HTC...
  4. #4  

    Lightbulb Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    I know this must bother people.
    I charge my phone when I'm sleeping so it doesn't bother me one bit. I think there's an app that lets you know if there's a new e-mail or a call was missed...
    DS1331 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    That's one thing I miss about my old blackberry... The notification lights.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    decypher44 and lilme08 like this.
  6. #6  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    I just use auto screen on in the play store. When it's charging, I just walk past my phone and wave my hand over it which turns the screen on showing me I have new messages. No muss...No fuss...
  7. #7  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    So just like the S4's Air Gesture...nice...

    But I'm still intrigued, does the One 'kill' the notifications on the LED while it's charging? That just sounds dumb, I'd be amazed if it were that way...
  8. #8  
    royallqq's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    yeah, On ya cs3 when incoming text her notification comes in the notification light changes so maybe you should get this s4.
  9. #9  
    TarekElsakka's Avatar

    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    So just like the S4's Air Gesture...nice...

    But I'm still intrigued, does the One 'kill' the notifications on the LED while it's charging? That just sounds dumb, I'd be amazed if it were that way...
    If the application you're using (like Textra SMS for example) uses LED for notifications it will notify you and then go back to red for charging. You can also activate the capacitive buttons' backlight to notify you, but that requires root.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    ANd a way to change the delay in which the LED stops blinking after receiving its last notification (hard-set to 5 minutes) would be a great feature.
    Such as a way to set the "snooze" delay for the agenda reminder that is "hard-set" to 15 minutes.
    Loiter likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    My previous phone was indeed an S3 so apparently I'm just used to it that way. I guess I took it for granted.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  
    TarekElsakka's Avatar

    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    My previous phone was indeed an S3 so apparently I'm just used to it that way. I guess I took it for granted.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I came from a S3 as well but what made it even worse is that I have always used BlackBerry devices, where the LED is probably the most important thing about it. lol
  13. #13  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    I feel the same.. I did like how on my S3 I could turn the charge indicator off.

    Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    I wonder if any roms change it.... I wonder if the Google edition or CM10 change it. That what I used to run on my s3. If I remember correctly it would indicate it was charging but mix in the notification when one was there.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by royallqq View Post
    yeah, On ya cs3 when incoming text her notification comes in the notification light changes so maybe you should get this s4.http://sofire.us/mobi/images/6.gif
    This isn't a s4 forum. We are discussing things with the HTC One. If we wanted the s4 we would get one. Thanks for your suggestion though

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  16. #16  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,096 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Set it to vibrate and place the phone directly on a wooden night stand...You'll know when a text comes in...Especially if you're sleeping...lol
    mrbootcrm and Almeuit like this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Set it to vibrate and place the phone directly on a wooden night stand...You'll know when a text comes in...Especially if you're sleeping...lol
    Lol so true .

    Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
  18. #18  
    atrixfll's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    I found that the notification LED on the ONE is also my only issue...

    No light flow... and hard to see the tiny LED when I get something

    I am using an app called NOLED.. works great... (still have red charging LED ).. but all else I am notified with an ICON on the screen.. quick look and I see it


    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WQubm90aWZ5Il0.
  19. #19  
    Loiter's Avatar

    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by rolapinou View Post
    ANd a way to change the delay in which the LED stops blinking after receiving its last notification (hard-set to 5 minutes) would be a great feature.
    Such as a way to set the "snooze" delay for the agenda reminder that is "hard-set" to 15 minutes.
    Yeah, that's the worst. Why on earth did they do that?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by atrixfll View Post
    I found that the notification LED on the ONE is also my only issue...

    No light flow... and hard to see the tiny LED when I get something

    I am using an app called NOLED.. works great... (still have red charging LED ).. but all else I am notified with an ICON on the screen.. quick look and I see it


    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WQubm90aWZ5Il0.
    One caveat about NOLED is that it has to turn the screen on. If you don't leave your phone unattended very long, but if you do it can impact battery.
  21. #21  
    atrixfll's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    One caveat about NOLED is that it has to turn the screen on. If you don't leave your phone unattended very long, but if you do it can impact battery.

    You can set it to dismiss notification after a certain amount of time

    plus it has a sleep quiet time

    The app is released as a substitute for the absence of a physical notification LED on some of the newer Android devices (e.g. the Samsung Galaxy S, S2, Note).
    The AMOLED screen consumes very little power when displaying a black pixel. Therefore, we can use the screen to display these notifications.

    Features

    Shows notifications for the following events
    SMS/MMS
    Missed Calls
    GTalk messages
    GMail
    Voicemail
    K9 Email
    Other 3rd party apps of your choosing
    Ability to turn on/off each notification type.
    Customize colors of notifications on the screen.
    Choose to display an icon instead of a dot for each type of notification.
    Timeout the notifications if not dismissed after a period of time.
    Choose sleep/wake times per day for NoLED to auto-activate/deactivate. (For example, switch NoLED off during night hours).
    Activate NoLED only in Silent/Vibrate mode: NoLED will turn on in silent/vibrate mode and turn off in ringtone mode.
    Activate the proximity sensor to turn the screen off when in pockets.(save power)
    Ability to "Blink" or turn screen on/off at user-defined periods.
    Preview your icons and color selection with a "TEST" button.
    Apply your own custom icons for any third party app.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    You are so right about this.... It has bothered me before definitely. Not a dealbreaker at all, but I would think that htc would do something to counter this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Quote Originally Posted by atrixfll View Post
    You can set it to dismiss notification after a certain amount of time

    plus it has a sleep quiet time
    I know, but it's not enabled by default. Even still, you can add quite amount of screen on time just having a notification sit for 5-10 minutes several times per day.

    When the phone only gets 4-5 hours of screen on time on a single charge, people should be wary as NOLED can easily keep the screen on for an hour in a day.
  24. #24  

    Lightbulb Re: My absolute only complaint about the One.

    Why not use an app that uses the camera flash as an indicator, like KNOCK˛+ ?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 06:41 PM
  2. [7/1] So I Compiled Firefox OS for the Nexus 4 (mako)
    By Melon Bread in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 12:09 AM
  3. Will the Droid DNA get the Sense 5 and the JB 4.2.2 Updates???
    By left4dead in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  4. Some questions about Kernels
    By justlaxin13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
  5. [GAME][UPDATE] Protologic (stack the marbles)
    By sntgames in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 08:38 PM

Posting Permissions