Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Camera problem: static live view but still takes photos and video

Hi,

My problem started two days ago. When I open the Camera APP the first frame the app "sees" is displayed but no live view. If I hit the shutter it snaps a picture "normally" and I can also shoot video and see the images moving while doing so. The problem is occurring on both front and back cameras and also with 3rd party camera apps! I did reboot a few times without any changes...

Right now I'm waiting for update 4.2.2 to see if it helps but otherwise I'm all out of ideas as to WTH is happening!

I've seen two posts on other forums regarding the same issue and they were all posted this weekend.

If anyone has a clue thank you!
    Thanked by:
    Ujay 

Default Re: HTC One Camera problem : static live view but still takes photos and video

Hi

I've got the exact same problem one month ago. Tried 3rd party software and reboot. One evening I turned off the phone for the whole night, and the next morning, when I turned it on it was working!?
    So now it has been working for one month, and just now, it happened again... So tonight I will turn off the phone and wait for what morning brings....

/Waiting...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One Camera problem : static live view but still takes photos and video

wow ok weird... will also turn it off tonight and see what that leads!

My dad just said he's having the same problem with his phone as well.

Nope, had no effect this time ! Gr....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No effect here either! haha damn this is quite the stupid bug! Hopefully 4.2.2 OTA will be coming soon and it may help.

I wonder if there's a pattern that we can figure out. My dad's is the black Sprint version.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I have a Canadian Telus phone....rooted but stock otherwise.

My dad just went to the Sprint store and they said it's a software glitch and they wanted to do a factory reset. He doesn't have any of his stuff backed up so he didn't do it. There's got to be another solution. I don't know if that's really the problem or they just wanted to factory reset since that's usually a catch all solution.

Sent from my Touchpad Android

Hi there

I am in Europe (Denmark), so I dont think its the provider. Its a software bug... I didnt do a factory reset... and dont want to... somehow my phone started working again, a month ago... but now this static still view again... Have been looking all over the web for similar cases, but only found yours...

Still af fantastic phone...but p.. me off.

A restart worked for my dad's phone. Let's hope it doesn't happen again or the 4.2 update fixes that issue!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I also am not that rushed to format and recover... will wait for 4.2.2 or maybe 4.3 and if not fixed will start over.

I did a restart not a shutdown and it started working again straight away
    Thanked by 2:
    jalexbeaudet likes this.

Hi Guys!
    Just got the 4.2.2 (2.24.401.1). Now its working again!!!
    Hope you get it soooonn
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Moverley View Post
    I did a restart not a shutdown and it started working again straight away
    That actually worked for me this morning! LOL why would a restart work and not a power on/off is beyond me.... anyhow thanks for the tip!
    Hopefully 4.2.2 will be live soon for us in Canada!

Default Re: HTC One Camera problem: static live view but still takes photos and video

Great tip! I had the same problem (Canada - Bell) Multiple shutdowns did not work, but the simple restart fixed it.
    Go figure... Thanks!

Default Re: HTC One Camera problem: static live view but still takes photos and video

Thanks so much for the tip guys! My camera was fine yesterday, but when I went to use it today I could take pics and movies, but my display was frozen on whatever pic the camera was facing when opened. Eventually, it went black and I couldn't get any pictures on the display. Like everyone else, I powered of and rebooted, with no improvement! After the advise on here I did a restart instead, and my camera display came on straight away. Appears to be all fixed for now!!

I am having the same issue, just recently started. Glad I'm not the only one! Have ZERO interest in hard reset for ONE app's issue. Using AT&T in USA.

Shut down and turn on does not solve problem. Did not try restart (but will!)

AT&T did not push software update but just found one and am downloading. Perhaps will resolve!

Thanks for the suggestions and the support.

--Tess

I have a HTC one (Norway) and today my phone started to have this same behaviour.
    I rebooted it a couple of times but no luck. While trying to find a solution online I end-up on this thread. Guess what ... after a restart (not a reboot) it works again.
    That's weird.

Interesting that a search for this problem in the forum didn't work but a Google search brought me right back here.
    Anyway for those that don't know you Restart or Hard Boot by holding the power button down for a couple of seconds until you see the bottom row of icons flash. Let go and your phone will reboot. Easy fix for this problem at least.
    Thanked by:

Simple fix to this issue after calling HTC support.

Go to settings, apps, camera, clear catche. Don't worry when warning comes up as all your pictures will still be there.

Then go back to settings, power, un-check the fast boot.

Return to home screen and restart your phone.

It will work!

Good luck

This just happened to me on AT&T. Power-on/off did not resolve, also not leaving it off for 8 hrs. Factory reset worked and the camera is normal again. Now I have to reinstall my apps, which is not a bad exercise anyway to delete cruft...

So glad I found this thread! I started having this problem this morning, after my phone was exposed to some moisture from a leaky (grrrr) water bottle. I turned off and back on several times.

The simple restart seems to have solved the problem. Phew, thanks!

I m from India and got the phone two months back. Had the exact same problem today.....really fortunate to have found this thread......was almost off to get my phone replaced under warranty

Tried shutting it down a few times and still had the same problem.......but restarting solved it....hope such problems get fixed in future updates...phew!
    bluvelvet likes this.

Thumbs up Re: HTC One Camera problem: static live view but still takes photos and video

Thanks miken1972 your fix worked perfectly.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast