HTC One camera doent focus, constantly blurry.

ErikInfinity

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought the HTC One last week and now the main camera won't work anymore, whatever I try, it stays blurry, there seems to be no way to focus on anything.
The lighting does change when you tap something on the screen and it gives a green square, but nothing happens, it stays blurry.

I already tried to restore factory defaults but it didn't fix anything.

To clarify, it's the main camera (on the back), the front camera seems to work fine. I've also tried other apps to picture but the same problem doesn't go away.
Randomly it seems to work (1 out of 100 times, or even less), often when using the macro function.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks in advance!

PS: It's running Android 4.1.2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If you're still stock (which seems like you are) take it to where you bought it from and have them replace it; it's a known issue, or least I've read about it several times before.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I bought the HTC One last week and now the main camera won't work anymore, whatever I try, it stays blurry, there seems to be no way to focus on anything.
The lighting does change when you tap something on the screen and it gives a green square, but nothing happens, it stays blurry.

I already tried to restore factory defaults but it didn't fix anything.

To clarify, it's the main camera (on the back), the front camera seems to work fine. I've also tried other apps to picture but the same problem doesn't go away.
Randomly it seems to work (1 out of 100 times, or even less), often when using the macro function.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks in advance!

PS: It's running Android 4.1.2

There have been a few people with this problem that have resolved the issue by replacing the device. It seems to be a hardware defect. My first suggestion is replacing the device at the location you purchased it from. If they refuse contact HTC as they will likely replace it under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon