I have been punked by the my "verified" HTC dealer ..

Aimar_69

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello ..

this my is story with my HTC ONE and official HTC dealer here in the middle east ..

what happened is i purchased my HTC ONE less than 2 weeks ago , i noticed later there were some gaps and poor quality build in the device and after searching it up i found out alot of people faced this problem i went back to (Al-Haddad) store and they refused to exchange it .. i decided to let it go and try to enjoy my device .. today i wanted to get out my sim card but the sim card slot was stock ! it wouldn't come out , i went right away to their store again and i showed it to their representative he tried to help at first he failed as well to bring out the sim card as it was stock inside as i mentioned earlier .. and then he told me to leave the device and the warranty card and he will give me a ticket and i shall get it back the next day , i asked him if he can do anything right now as i don''t have an extra phone to use he called the technician and then he went inside a room for less than 2 minutes and he came back and the sim card was out !! i was glad that he figured it out so i thanked him and left the store and then tried to put my other sim card back in , it didn't work ! it kept giving me "no sim card" message .. so again i went back right away and there were the technician guy , i showed him the phone he tried many sim other sim cards as he thought that the issue is from my sim in the end he told me that the sim card slot is broken and i have to pay extra cash to repair it AND it will take more than 10 days as he will have to send it to Jeddah (Another city) (but he didn't say how much would it cost because as he claims he never asked for this service before )
so now i paid 800$ and waited to get this phone and now i have a phone that no one can fix unless i pay extra ?!!

well obviously tomorrow i will go back and make a huge mess and shout and whatever to make it work .. but i wanted to see if anyone have an opinion on the matter

Thanks

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Things like this can happen to anyone, hopefully less and less, specially in countries with poor consumer support from the government or law.

Here in Mexico we need to put up with stuff like this from time to time, even from respectable brands or big companies just because the law often times don't force them to honor warranties or exchange devices/goods within a reasonable time from the purchase.

My advice would be to stand up to the shop and demand that they exchange the phone at no cost or at least repair it without any cost for you. There should be a warranty that you can fight for. If not, try with a consumer advocacy office (or similar) if your country has one.

Good luck and I hope you get this solved.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is pretty crappy... I'd definitely go raise hell as well... You paid for a device, it's faulty and needs replaced.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Two weeks out of the box? So long as it's not physical damage, I'm can't imagine why this wouldn't be a warranty claim regardless of what country you reside in.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in Egypt and I have been dealing with the same issue with almost every company that claims to 'honor' its warranty; they always say it's your fault and you either end up paying for the repair or doing it elsewhere therefore screwing it up even more and voiding the useless warranty - that is why I try to buy my gadgets from abroad where it is cheaper and, well, even though their warranty is international and doesn't work here it doesn't really matter.

I am sorry about what happened to you but you have to go and make a huge deal about this. I have heard about Al-Haddad store because my uncle was going to buy a device for me from there once and they are supposedly reputable, but you have to go and make it right and get what you deserve - you deserve a FREE replacement under warranty, and not a paid-for repair. You can also see if there's a certain institution responsible for things like that and go and report them and hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Best of luck w Allah m3ak.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried htc directly? Sounds like it could be your country that is basically trying to treat you like crap

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
We only have official resellers and service centers but not an actual HTC center where we live. I am not sure if contacting HTC through the website or phone for instance would do any good since they'll ask him to deal with the local, official reseller anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, it sounds like your only hope is HTC providing support/help to you. Based on what I read in your post I don't think the place of purchase is going to be open to helping at all - unless you want to pay. Should they be open? Yes, no question about it - they sold you a phone with issues and they should own up to that.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is unfortunate but I doubt HTC will do much, when the store employee pulled out the SIM I guarantee the broke one of the pins in the tray. If it was hard to pull out I bet he just yanked it out. Even if you send it to HTC they will most likely try to charge for the repair. Good luck getting the store to repair it, that us probably your best bet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv