LTE and WiFi running at the same time in the top bar...AT&T

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have my ONE on AT&T...just got it yesterday...and when I connected to Wifi in my house LTE was still on as well...is this normal? Shouldn't the LTE turn itself off and be removed from the top bar when Wifi is on? Please help

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have my ONE on AT&T...just got it yesterday...and when I connected to Wifi in my house LTE was still on as well...is this normal? Shouldn't the LTE turn itself off and be removed from the top bar when Wifi is on? Please help

This is normal don't worry. If the WiFi is on and connected your data won't be used but the lte icon doesn't go away when connected to WiFi

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know when I had my HTC One on Sprint if I was on WiFi that was the only symbol that would be on top...I switched to AT&T because of the lack of Sprint LTE in my area so I was wondering why it would be different

Anyone else with an AT&T ONE that can confirm?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have att like i said they both stay on the status bar but as long as it shows you're connected to wifi your data is fine

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have att like i said they both stay on the status bar but as long as it shows you're connected to wifi your data is fine

Interesting, because on my HTC One (Developers Edition, using it on AT&T), when I'm connected to wifi, my LTE icon disappears (though the signal bars still remain).

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
1372891444159.jpg

I can confirm that the 4G LTE icon remains present while Wi-Fi is on. It's just a customization that AT&T added. I don't think you should worry too much about it. :)

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has both simultaneously. Different roms I've had installed changed that though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, because on my HTC One (Developers Edition, using it on AT&T), when I'm connected to wifi, my LTE icon disappears (though the signal bars still remain).

The international unlocked version works like this as well. The type of cellular connectivity is not shown when connected to WiFi, just the signal strength bars.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc