HTC Account Sync not working....

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Ιn my case I could manually back-up but the automatic backups had a problem. Also, in Accounts should the HTC Account be saying "Sync is OFF"?
That's what I'm getting.

ajua are you on KitKat too?

I just checked after a couple of days and the scheduled backups are not working :(
The HTC Account sync staid off, even when I was able to perform a manual backup and stayed off after that as well. Nothing seems to enable the auto sync on.

I'm on KitKat stock on the Unlocked/Dev One.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I just checked after a couple of days and the scheduled backups are not working :(
The HTC Account sync staid off, even when I was able to perform a manual backup and stayed off after that as well. Nothing seems to enable the auto sync on.

I'm on KitKat stock on the Unlocked/Dev One.

I suppose it's a KitKat thing. I hope they solve it, although I'm thinking of contacting HTC.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's a KitKat thing. I hope they solve it, although I'm thinking of contacting HTC.

Did you do a factory reset when you updated to KitKat? I didn't I did one when 4.3 arrived.

I will try to contact HTC via mail and Twitter to let them know about this. Anyone with this problem should do the same.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset when you updated to KitKat? I didn't I did one when 4.3 arrived.

I will try to contact HTC via mail and Twitter to let them know about this. Anyone with this problem should do the same.

As a matter of fact I did because I had a problem with my wi-fi (not solved unfortunately), so I don't suppose that it solves the problem.
I'll try to have a live chat with them when I find the time.

PeteMike

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with the account being greyed out and dont think this is normal. Anyhow I just wanted to restore my backup I created before sending my phone in for repair. I tried restoring from factoring settings startup and it did not work either. The only thing that worked for me was Method 3 in the link posted before. After completing this I could restore from the backup on my Google Drive. Good luck!

iii. Method 3 ? Clear HTC Backup data
If the above 2 methods don?t work for you, try clearing the HTC Backup data by following the steps below:
On your HTC One, go to Settings > Apps > All > HTC Backup and then tap Clear data.
Next, go to Settings > Backup & reset.
On the Backup & reset screen, tap the Backup account field and then select HTC Account.
Now, you?ll probably get to the screen that says HTC Backup would like to create a folder in your Dropbox, tap Allow.
Lastly, verify if the ?Restore from HTC backup? is back to normal.

Dudh

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
i noticed that sense 6 doesn't have HTC backup app. i downloaded the app and now it offers me HTC as a backup service. i used the google drive as my backup option.. but now i face new issues. it doesnt find any backup data! any idea?

viva zapata

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
this is not a problem it is normal,"HTC SYNC" synchronizes when you reset or back up your phone : go to" back up and reset" there you should see if your back up account is HTC, google or dropbox...if it's not tap "back up account" and choose HTC, you can attempt a back up now, at this point it will ask you if you want to proceed on "wifi or dataplan"... choose one and tap "ok" you should be able to see the arrows start to synchronize and "back up" your phone in the "back up history" you should see the date of the last back up performed. and that's it.

socaligirl333

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Wondering if a solution was found for HTC sync off issue? Mine has never successfully backed up & reset is required.. it won't allow back up via sync manager either... Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Never able to update . Have 128g sd but even though I have it selected as my storage (settings-storage- options) it won't use it therefore everything is stored on my phone or Google photos but that stopped also.. sync failed my m8 is rapidly dying!!!

Hung DTD

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Pretty much as the title... In Accounts & Sync, in HTC Account "Sync is OFF" is shown in grey, as is "Sync Now" in the menu. Sync symbol is also greyed out and does not function.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Mark
From Marshmallow, you just can backup to google account only. You can check notice from Setting/Backup and Restore.

Last edited: