markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The HTC email client doesn't seem to support push email - or did I miss something in the settings? What about the gmail or yahoo apps though?

Posted via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What ROM are you using? The mail client does support push email, whether it is Mail, Microsoft Hotmail, Google or just about any other ones I have tried. And what email are you trying to setup? As in the address "@....com/net"

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Phone is as supplied by EE in the UK, but unlocked. The settings in the HTC client ask you to specify how often you want the phone to check for new mail, or use smart sync. I'd send a test mail from work and there would be a delay before any notification. Anyway I've now installed the yahoo app and the delivery is immediate, so I guess I've answered my own question :-[

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The stock mail app only checks your emails after a period of time, minimum is every 5 mins and you should select this, it does not support push mail, which is a drawback, but I think the 5 mins gap is acceptable.
The smart sync will check base on your battery and signal, IIRC because I once read it in the description.
Gmail app could be the alternative choice, it pushes faster and looks more professional
But I'm using the stock mail app because it serves my need and I prefer its UI more.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My email pushes my work email thru right away. Using stock email app not gmail and its been working great for weeks

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the push option is in the stock email app under sync and settings then sync schedule

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That's weird we have it. Do u have the dev edition or something

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I also have the option for push email. Try this vid:

See @ 2:22

When you get to the sync, etc. Hit Off-Peak sync and select push mail.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The stock email client (at least on sprint) supports push only with an exchange activesync account, not with imap. You can do it with Hotmail (I've heard) but not with Gmail, yahoo, or most isp accounts unless they specifically support an exchange server. The Gmail and yahoo apps support push by default, and there are a bunch of 3rd party email clients that support push for imap.