Two questions about week-old HTC One

boytexasgod

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just jumped over from IOS for the second time (Sammy Galaxy S2 wasn't my favorite). This phone is FANTASTIC but I have two things that are bothering me one week in. Just to get the basics out out of the way, I have the AT&T model with a stock configuration (waiting to get a few things hammered out before really customizing).

1. I uninstalled the HTC default browser while cleaning up removable bloatware. However, with some research it seems like it might better utilize the phone's hardware over Chrome. I can't find it in the Play store and am wondering if anyone knows how to re-install it?

2. Certain games run with an odd stutter. Having just jumped over from an iPhone 4S I find it very odd that a few game favorites of mine, Super Stickman Golf 2 and Pinball Arcade run with a very noticeable decreased framerate. I would imagine that the Snapdragon 600 would easily be able to handle these games better than the 4S' aging hardware. To make things more confusing, demanding 3D games like NOVA 3 run buttery smooth. I don't have anything installed that's a resource hog and the only thing I can think of is that these games aren't developed to be run at 1080p, but it is still VERY confusing and irritating. Also, Angry Birds Star Wars runs smooth but at a very slow speed which doesn't match it's IOS counterpart. Is this having to do with Android 4.1.2 or do I possibly have a defective unit?

I appreciate the help with this!

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you just disabled you can go into apps and the all tab, find internet and just enable it.

Posted via Android Central App

boytexasgod

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Doh! I was looking for apps I had disabled with the "HTC" prefix and didn't see it. Have it up and running now.

Still very curious about the slow running games. I've heard there's an "Android stutter" that you eventually ignore but this level of performance degradation on popular games can't be expected unless it has to do with a lack of hardware utilization or a faulty device. Has anyone else seen this with their HTC One? My friend's Nexus 4 is running Pinball Arcade and Super Stickman Golf 2 smooth but that could be from the 720p native resolution.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The odd stutter isn't because of the phone, it's because of the game. The developer hasn't updated the app for use with the One's internals (same with S4) such as sound and graphics drivers.

boytexasgod

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am also a week in and was curious what bloatware you removed.

I can't remember it off the top of my head. Pretty much went in and either deleted/disabled anything that was redundant or not being used. I made special consideration, however, to not disable anything that was part of another service.

boytexasgod

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the power saver enabled while running the games that are stuttering? That might account for it.

No, I do notice more stuttering when it's in power saver mode but have definitely tried it both ways.

As for the games not being optimized for the hardware I'm still at a loss as the Nexus 4 is also powered by a last-gen Snapdragon processor meaning it should see similar (better) performance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle