HTC One: What has everybody done about headphone hiss and static?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Just wondering what is everybody doing about the same hissing or static sounds through the headphone jack? Yes turning off beats helps but shouldn't be there. Should I return the phone for another or wait and see if an update fixes it. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: What has everybody done about headphone hiss and static?

Anybody else with the same issue? I'm reading all over online people are exchanging for new ones and having the same problem.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site

What have I done about it? I didn't have any. It seemed like the easiest solution. And I use the headphone jack daily.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

This would be the first I have heard of this. No problem here.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Nothing static here. If you think there is something wrong and within your return/exchange time-frame, do it. I would

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I haven't touched the headphones that came with my One, but I use Bose headphones almost daily and I don't have that problem.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I only get static if I am twisting the earphone plug around in the device. If I'm not, it's all good.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Have never had this problem!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

If you plug the headphones in with bests audio enabled, and the volume is pretty low especially watching a video on YouTube I get this static sound hiss and interference. I've shut off nfc, wifi, etc and still have it. With beats turned off its good. Do a search online. It pops up..

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

If you plug the headphones in with bests audio enabled, and the volume is pretty low especially watching a video on YouTube I get this static sound hiss and interference. I've shut off nfc, wifi, etc and still have it. With beats turned off its good. Do a search online. It pops up..

This is not the same thing as your OP. Yes I have heard of this and Its not a problem with the phone so replacing it won't help. Just turn beats off if you are using Youtube. Beats is nothing but a pre set amp and not designed for every type of audio. But I think it is more youtube than Beats.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't really play videos all that much but when I have i static or hiss coming from my speakers! Have you done a software reset by chance?

FunkyMan3333

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

AARGH! This problem is driving me nuts! I just got my HTC One Google Edition, and there's a horrible hiss that I hear with headphones in. It's not as bad when playing Spotify, but when using Google Music and (especially) talk radio like Audible or podcasts, it's horrific!

I'm about to return the phone because of this issue. I work all day with my headphones in, and one of the reasons I bought the HTC One is because of its proported better audio quality. I'll try a hard reset after backing up. Does anybody have a solution? I've turned off Beats and it's still happening. I've also turned off NFC.

iainbryson

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like I have the same problem. Turning off Beats makes it better, but it's not a cure. There's still obvious hiss and I hear it with many different headphones.

This is unfortunate. I guess I'll be trying out the Google return process ;)

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site

I'd send it back. I mean mine is pin drop clear- not to rub it in just saying it shouldn't be doing that.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!! Now I'm going to have to pull out my freakin' headphones and see if this problem occurs. If not, great. If so, then I'll be ticked. I do use headphones every now and then but I'll be honest, I haven't even tried a set of headphones with my One since day one. It will be a bummer BUT I'm not going to worry about it.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Yay! I'm not alone! I've got the regular (sense) phone. The static is very obvious for my young, sensitive ears, but only on the stock ear buds (the only pair I own). Weirdly though, the static disappears when I use my Seinheissers, or my cheap headphones. I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of power the earphone/headphones require. It's unfortunate, because I need the earphones to work. The do sound good though when you ignore the static. In fact, the static is hard to hear when playing pop/loud music but is noticeable when listening to YouTube or quieter (classical) music.

And no, turning of Beats doesn't help very much...

Sent from my HTC One :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My S3 did it after a noise was played and my HTC One does as well.. But if nothing plays for a few seconds it shuts off. It's just the power to the headphones for me.. During music I am fine.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Michael Jones12

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys! Just wondering what is everybody doing about the same hissing or static sounds through the headphone jack? Yes turning off beats helps but shouldn't be there. Should I return the phone for another or wait and see if an update fixes it. Thanks!

I have solved my issue by using the headphone plug as a lever, and pushing the top of the jack towards the back, making the tip comes toward the screen. You may feel a little pop as the screen comes out of one of its clips. Should work then. You can pop the screen back in then. BOOM headphones now work.