Would you buy another ultrapixel phone.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
While I'm ok with my HTC ones camera, I do feel that the low mp count is hard to overcome. Your you zoom into a picture it gets really blurry. It's good for low lights, but average in well lit areas. Personally I wont buy another ultrapixel phone. I even doubt that HTC will continue it.

From the desk of His Excellency.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
One thing Alot of people don't fully understand is how the ones camera really works.
First you have to know what settings to use for each picture which can be time consuming at first. If you are outside taking pictures of flowers that would be different than a low light in door setting. These do make a real difference. So many options. I used to think most pics were in fact a bit blurry but it was me not the camera.
My question is have you gone into the settings on your camera and scrolled through all the various options?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BetterrDayz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
honestly , never or ever will buy a smartphone for the camera

if in my opinion its the best phone available i will buy it regardless of camera

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
It would depend on the other specs on the phone and the competitors on the market. I consider the HTC One's camera a strike against it and one of the big reasons I am also test driving a GS4. In my case since it is a first and foremost it is used for impromptu shots and those times I am not carrying a real camera. I am not looking to print and mount these pictures but they do need to be of sufficient quality to share online and should be of sufficient quality that I can actually use zoom.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd buy one. I don't have any major problems. Even using the auto settings this thing takes pictures that are well beyond good enough for me.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Since most people have no idea about megapixels you can't go by that alone. I can show you picture after picture taken by the S4 that has as much or more noise in the picture as the HTC One pictures and it has a 13 MP camera. Now for digital zoom you will get better results from the S4 but I think you get more overall better results and features from the HTC One.

Last edited:

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If by "ultrapixel" you mean larger than standard pixels yes. If you mean a camera that performs as well as in the current One then yes. I'm not disappointed and care less about pixel count and more about overall camera quality. The overall package with wide lens and everything else seems to overcome the pixel race to me. I guess you could say I'll no longer judge a camera on a phone by its number of pixels alone.

Last edited:

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: No - not in it's current incarnation.

The camera is good but not effortless and that's what I look for in a smartphone camera. I should be able to pull it out of my pocket in a moment in need and capture a good photo with minimal work put in. The S4 can do this, as does the iPhone. The low MP count doesn't bother me as the One can take some gorgeous photos - it is that to take a good photo in any situation requires me to work in the settings menu a bit. General focus is proving to be a problem in the camera too.

That said - if those issues could be tweaked, and I believe they could, I'd do another one.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. I don't print my pictures. I rarely crop my pictures. I generally share them either via text message, post on Facebook or Google+. For these things, the ultra pixel camera is fine. Plus, the lower pixel count makes Zoe's and highlights be reasonable sizes and take less memory to assemble. Yeah, I'd do it.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sony RX100 with an EyeFi card. No camera phone can beat that. So, I don't care anymore. I just use the camera on the phone for caller ID pics and stupid stuff.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not when deciding between the s4 and HTC one I was leaning towards the s4 due to the camera. I was mad at HTC. Why HTC couldn't you simply use a standard sensor with 13mp camera. It would have made it a no brainer... HTC one. Well now that I've spent a month using the one as a daily driver I honestly say I would buy another in a heart beat. Why?

Well first I'm not printing posters with the images I take so I don't need insane resolution.
I prefer the ability to take great low light shots and have Zoe.
The HTC one is a better all around camera and can be utilized in more environments than the s4 can.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Last edited: