Unable to charge device

Darkon84

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here, as it's my first problem and hope someone can help.

I've had the phone just over 2 months now and it has been superb so far, until a couple of days ago when it stopped charging properly.

I constantly get a message in the top left corner which, when dragged down, says 'Unable to charge device, please use the supported charger', even when it isn't plugged in.

It won't recognize my charger or computer when it is turned on, and will only charge (very slowly at that), when it is turned off, which is not ideal, as I'm sure you can guess, and it is also draining the battery quicker too. When the phone is left idle, it keeps 'waking up' to give the message, and I have noticed today that it has also gone slightly haywire on a number of occasion, opening the music library by itself and turning on Bluetooth.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to have an easy(ish) solution I can do myself, rather than having to send it off for a replacement etc.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I've had the phone just over 2 months now and it has been superb so far, until a couple of days ago when it stopped charging properly.

I constantly get a message in the top left corner which, when dragged down, says 'Unable to charge device, please use the supported charger', even when it isn't plugged in.

It won't recognize my charger or computer when it is turned on, and will only charge (very slowly at that), when it is turned off, which is not ideal, as I'm sure you can guess, and it is also draining the battery quicker too. When the phone is left idle, it keeps 'waking up' to give the message, and I have noticed today that it has also gone slightly haywire on a number of occasion, opening the music library by itself and turning on Bluetooth.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to have an easy(ish) solution I can do myself, rather than having to send it off for a replacement etc.

You should open a support ticket with HTC. There's a pretty good chance you have a hardware problem.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

You would want to consider sending the phone back to the manufacturer because you are under warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

peerio

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. A hard reset solves it for a couple of days and then it starts again. After explaining this to HTC customer service they asked me to send the device. They did a hard reset and said "unable to reproduce problem".So 10 days later I got it back and it worked for four days. Now having the problem again. I hope someone here finds/knows the solution and shares it...

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Or take it back to your carrier, if you have purchased insurance, they offer warranty like service in stores. They can replace the device right away, free of charge since it's a warranty claim not insurance. But you have to have their insurance in place.
Usually it takes them 1-2 days to receive a warranty replacement.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair