Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound like a scammer but if you dont want to unroot for insurance just completely damage the phone so it cant turn on, im sure its not gonna hurt you pay $10 a month and a $200 deductible so thefe making there money just drop it in water

My old sprint store and my new t-mobile one already knows I'm a tech head and already knew every phone I had I rooted.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Can yall help me I got my bootloader unlocked but I cant flash a custom recovery to complete the root process

[GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

By the way, unlocking the bootloader usually wipes your virtual SD card leaving you with no data (as in music, videos, email accounts, etc.) so make sure you backup everything to your computer beforehand, as in connecting the device to your computer and copying the important folders to your PC's hard drive, such as music, DCIM, pictures, whatsapp, etc.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
There's a difference between rooting and unlocking your bootloader to install ROMs. Unfortunately, on the One, you currently can't root without unlocking the bootloader which is why I haven't done it. On my Galaxy S2, I had tons of ROMs installed, but it is never a smooth experience, and there is ALWAYS something wrong. Netflix doesn't work, or MMS doesn't work, or the headset volume is only goes to 2/3rds, or the Bluetooth doesn't connect properly, or all the camera pictures have a yellow tint, or maybe the stock camera doesn't work at all or only works for taking pictures but not video, or the GPS has to be locked in on a different ROM before flashing this ROM, or the phone only works on alternate Thursdays, or the phone runs flawlessly but gives you a mild electric shock every time you push the power button, or if you download an app from the Play store the money automatically goes to the California Reform party. I just want root so I can tether easily, and so Helium backup works easily without having to tether to the desktop. That's not worth my giving up OTA updates and signing into the amateur development world of ROMs.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a difference between rooting and unlocking your bootloader to install ROMs. Unfortunately, on the One, you currently can't root without unlocking the bootloader which is why I haven't done it. On my Galaxy S2, I had tons of ROMs installed, but it is never a smooth experience, and there is ALWAYS something wrong. Netflix doesn't work, or MMS doesn't work, or the headset volume is only goes to 2/3rds, or the Bluetooth doesn't connect properly, or all the camera pictures have a yellow tint, or maybe the stock camera doesn't work at all or only works for taking pictures but not video, or the GPS has to be locked in on a different ROM before flashing this ROM, or the phone only works on alternate Thursdays, or the phone runs flawlessly but gives you a mild electric shock every time you push the power button, or if you download an app from the Play store the money automatically goes to the California Reform party. I just want root so I can tether easily, and so Helium backup works easily without having to tether to the desktop. That's not worth my giving up OTA updates and signing into the amateur development world of ROMs.

If you are careful what roms you use, things can be fine. I'll name two I trust and have used without issue. Cyanogenmod on my tablets and Android revolution on my HTC one.

I have been using CM for over a year without issues. I've been using Android revolution for about a month pretty much daily. There have been a few days I've run a Google play edition rom however I am mainly on android revolution.

Also, I can always revert back to stock for OTA updates if I want. However as I'm already on 4.2.2 thanks to android revolution Its not a huge priority.

I do agree rooting or unlocking a bootloader to root in this situation is not for the average user. But that doesn't mean it can't be very simple if you follow directions and only flash phone and often carrier specific files. It can also be just as smooth as the stock rom. I have not had any hiccups whatsoever in AR. Its stable as can be and I'm even using a custom kernel. Btw I get much better battery life with this setup than I did stock.

So don't scare people away whom are genuinely interested and have accepted the potential risks associated with these types of processes.

However you are right to a degree. There are a lot of people putting out roms, mods, kernels etc... If you are not careful and use stuff that has yet to he proven, you can very well run into issues with stability, functionality etc... But once again that's not to say there are not phones with custom roms running stable for years. Do your due diligence and read read read and then when you are sure read some more. If you do that you should be okay. Its pretty hard to brick a phone theses days, and If you make backups and keep your carrier RUU handy you should be just fine.

HTC One AT&T - ARHD 12 / Bulletproof Kernel

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are careful what roms you use, things can be fine. I'll name two I trust and have used without issue. Cyanogenmod on my tablets and Android revolution on my HTC one.

I have been using CM for over a year without issues. I've been using Android revolution for about a month pretty much daily. There have been a few days I've run a Google play edition rom however I am mainly on android revolution.

Also, I can always revert back to stock for OTA updates if I want. However as I'm already on 4.2.2 thanks to android revolution Its not a huge priority.

I do agree rooting or unlocking a bootloader to root in this situation is not for the average user. But that doesn't mean it can't be very simple if you follow directions and only flash phone and often carrier specific files. It can also be just as smooth as the stock rom. I have not had any hiccups whatsoever in AR. Its stable as can be and I'm even using a custom kernel. Btw I get much better battery life with this setup than I did stock.

So don't scare people away whom are genuinely interested and have accepted the potential risks associated with these types of processes.

However you are right to a degree. There are a lot of people putting out roms, mods, kernels etc... If you are not careful and use stuff that has yet to he proven, you can very well run into issues with stability, functionality etc... But once again that's not to say there are not phones with custom roms running stable for years. Do your due diligence and read read read and then when you are sure read some more. If you do that you should be okay. Its pretty hard to brick a phone theses days, and If you make backups and keep your carrier RUU handy you should be just fine.

HTC One AT&T - ARHD 12 / Bulletproof Kernel

I would like to root only to run 4.2.2 with Sense. But I would like peace of mind knowing I can go back to stock if need be.

Sent from the One...the HTC One.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You'll need to unlock your boot loader and install a custom recovery. You can then backup your stock sense setup and then flash whatever sense rom you desire. There are several 4.2.2 sense 5roms out. What carrier are you on.?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Chandler7

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I was jailbreaking the iphone when it was a pain in the rear-end, but unbelievably, every time I look into rooting, I get intimidated by the process (go figure).... I'm like the guy with the finger on a button that launches the nuke!
I know exactly what your saying! Me Being new to Android, the whole language and ideas behind rooting seem so different from jailbreaking.

I also did it so I coulds utilize the HTC logo as a menu button and a few other things.
Wait. what??!... I can use the HTC logo as a (menu) button??? Thats incredible. That option alone sounds well worth the root!!

cleveland216

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Can't get foxfi to work

I use FoxFi in Bluetooth mode: "Activate Bluetooth Mode"
I have a Macbook. Here is what I finally got to work (HTC One Sprint):
1. Bluetooth pair the Mac and phone
2. On the Mac, make sure Bluetooth DUN is listed on the left. If not, add it yourself as
Vendor: Null Modem
Model: 115200 bps
Dialing: Tone
Sound: off
Telephone number: 123
Account name: [blank]
Password: [blank]
3. Start FoxFi, bluetooth mode
4. Click Connect on the Bluetooth DUN for the Mac.

For iPad users:
install iBluever. Use pretty much the same settings as above.

The connection is really solid. BTW I really hate that the phone companies and carriers have deleted the Bluetooth DUN profile. I've been doing this since my Treo 600 days!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams