jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you dont know if you should or not,id say not i mean im all about rooting but i think you should take some time to make your own informed decision and when you decide on your own then do it

Bryant Rawls

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I mean my previous phone was rooted so I'm somewhat familiar with it just this phone seems really good without it rooted jus wondering what I would be gaining toward this phone by rooting it

Posted via Android Central App

realwilliamlees

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean my previous phone was rooted so I'm somewhat familiar with it just this phone seems really good without it rooted jus wondering what I would be gaining toward this phone by rooting it

I had never rooted a phone before getting my HTC one.

I was sick of waiting for 4.2.2 in the UK so decided to root to see what all the fuss was about.

The Android Revolution ROM wouldn't let me install Google Keyboard so I flashed back to 4.2.

Had a play around with a Google Play ROM too which was fun but it was too buggy for my liking. I couldn't get past the set up screen without the keyboard crashing and it wouldn't allow me to connect to WiFi.

I'll probably unroot once 4.2.2 hits the UK. I dropped my phone the other day and there's big dints in 3 of the 4 corners so will need to if I decide to claim on insurances.

: (

No doubt I'll root again when a stable 4.3 leak hits the internet.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had never rooted a phone before getting my HTC one.

I was sick of waiting for 4.2.2 in the UK so decided to root to see what all the fuss was about.

The Android Revolution ROM wouldn't let me install Google Keyboard so I flashed back to 4.2.

Had a play around with a Google Play ROM too which was fun but it was too buggy for my liking. I couldn't get past the set up screen without the keyboard crashing and it wouldn't allow me to connect to WiFi.

I'll probably unroot once 4.2.2 hits the UK. I dropped my phone the other day and there's big dints in 3 of the 4 corners so will need to if I decide to claim on insurances.

: (

No doubt I'll root again when a stable 4.3 leak hits the internet.

Not to sound like a scammer but if you dont want to unroot for insurance just completely damage the phone so it cant turn on, im sure its not gonna hurt you pay $10 a month and a $200 deductible so thefe making there money just drop it in water

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I would root, is to get rid of the bloatware and to increase battery life, as some say it does. I was jailbreaking the iphone when it was a pain in the rear-end, but unbelievably, every time I look into rooting, I get intimidated by the process (go figure).... I'm like the guy with the finger on a button that launches the nuke!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Unlocking the boot loadee, installing a custom recovery and rooting is very straight forward and takes less than ten minutes on the one. There are minimal risks involved theses days as far as bricking goes. Follow directions, flash phone specific and often carrier specific files and you should be fine.

I did it so I could play with the various Roms including the google edition and sense 5 4.2.2 Roms.

I also did it so I coulds utilize the HTC logo as a menu button and a few other things.

However proceed with caution as there are mixed opinions on if unlocking the boot loader voids your warranty or not.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Unlocking the boot loadee, installing a custom recovery and rooting is very straight forward and takes less than ten minutes on the one. There are minimal risks involved theses days as far as bricking goes. Follow directions, flash phone specific and often carrier specific files and you should be fine.

I did it so I could play with the various Roms including the google edition and sense 5 4.2.2 Roms.

I also did it so I coulds utilize the HTC logo as a menu button and a few other things.

However proceed with caution as there are mixed opinions on if unlocking the boot loader voids your warranty or not.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Unlocking your bootloader does void your warranty, it says so on htcdev.com.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to save everything before rooting..? Cuz I'm not sure if I want to just start over my phone from scratch just to root.

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm only interested in removing some apps and tethering (right now at least).
1. Can I root my Sprint HTC One but keep the stock ROM?
a. If so will I have to unroot or do something else once an official Sprint update comes out?
b. Keeping the stock ROM does mean EVERYTHING is still the same (phone is just rooted now) correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Actually it says it may void certain parts of your warranty. If you brick your phone of course they won't cover it. However I know of multiple people whom have had warranty claims go though even after unlocking the boot loader on htcdev.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm only interested in removing some apps and tethering (right now at least).
1. Can I root my Sprint HTC One but keep the stock ROM?
a. If so will I have to unroot or do something else once an official Sprint update comes out?
b. Keeping the stock ROM does mean EVERYTHING is still the same (phone is just rooted now) correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

Yes you can root the stock ROM. You still have to unlock your boot loader and install a custom recovery.

Yes you will have to unroot. A lot of the times OTA updates require the stock recovery as well.

Your ROM will be the stock ROM if you just root. But not everything will be the same. You'll need an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like I mentioned.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can root the stock ROM. You still have to unlock your boot loader and install a custom recovery.

Yes you will have to unroot. A lot of the times OTA updates require the stock recovery as well.

Your ROM will be the stock ROM if you just root. But not everything will be the same. You'll need an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like I mentioned.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Thanks for the reply.
1. What exactly is custom recovery (do you have links that I could read up on the process)?
2. I'm guessing I can't unlock bootloader, install stock recovery and keep root.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

This is from HTC Dev.

"It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty."

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
1. What exactly is custom recovery (do you have links that I could read up on the process)?
2. I'm guessing I can't unlock bootloader, install stock recovery and keep root.

Let me track down a link that explains everything in detail.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find it on my phone. I have it on my laptop at the house so give me a few hours and when I get back to the house I'll send it your way.

Sent from my HTC One

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That's a very difficult question to answer, and the only one who can answer that is you. I'd Google about the benefits of rooting an Android device since rooting is pretty much universal and the benefits are very common across all Android devices. For me rooting is very important so I can use Greenify in order to be able to control what actually runs in the background, use TitaniumBackup so I can easily back up and restore just about anything whenever I want to try new ROMs (trying new ROMs is sort of like an addiction to me) and last but not least so I can access system files and folders for tweaks, removing unnecessary bloatware and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair