Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChrisKDougherty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Stuck in headset mode

My phone gets stuck in headset mode whenever I plug in my earphones. I unplug the earphones and the headset icon is still at the top. Tried reinserting the headphones and pulling out and still doesn't disappear. No sound will play through my speakers when the icon is there.
    The only way to turn it off it seems if when I restart the phone. It happens to this on different types of earphones too. Anyone else with problem? Or got any fixes? ): Guess I can't listen to music anymore without having to restart my phone afterwards

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

Default Re: Stuck in headset mode

Quote Originally Posted by doboYeee View Post
    My phone gets stuck in headset mode whenever I plug in my earphones. I unplug the earphones and the headset icon is still at the top. Tried reinserting the headphones and pulling out and still doesn't disappear. No sound will play through my speakers when the icon is there.
    The only way to turn it off it seems if when I restart the phone. It happens to this on different types of earphones too. Anyone else with problem? Or got any fixes? ): Guess I can't listen to music anymore without having to restart my phone afterwards
    Sounds like your phone's software is messed up. I know this might sound stupid but have you powered the device down? (NOT reset) Then turn it back on a few minutes later. If your still having the issue afterwards then you will have to hard reset the device. What version of the One do you have? What firmware are you currently running? Rooted? Custom ROM? All of this may help you if others chime in!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Sounds like your phone's software is messed up. I know this might sound stupid but have you powered the device down? (NOT reset) Then turn it back on a few minutes later. If your still having the issue afterwards then you will have to hard reset the device. What version of the One do you have? What firmware are you currently running? Rooted? Custom ROM? All of this may help you if others chime in!
    I tried power off before but the headset icon was still there. It only seems to only disappear when I do the restart option. How do I do a hard reset? Currently running 4.1.2, software # 1.29.1540.17. It's completely stock. Thanks for replying also!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None Yet...

I tried power off before but the headset icon was still there. It only seems to only disappear when I do the restart option. How do I do a hard reset? Currently running 4.1.2, software # 1.29.1540.17. It's completely stock. Thanks for replying also!
    1) Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap settings

2) Tap Backup & reset.

3) Tap reset Phone.

I have yet to do this but if it asks to delete all of your apps I would recommend saying yes in case some app option messed up the phone. Your pretty much doing a factory reset on your device with the current firmware. Here is a link to HTC's support page with the directions as well.

https://support.htc.com/en-uk/005-HTC_One/0A0/030/010

Let me know how it works!

I have had this problem as well. A temporary method is to download the soundabout app from the play store. This will not get rid of the icon but will force the sound through the headphone jack or speakers as you wish, so you don't miss any notifications.
    I was using my phone for running with an arm band and I think there might have been condensation building up which may have caused the problem. I got my phone replaced and has been fine ever since, but I have not been using an arm band any more.
    Hope this helps in some way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm having this problem now with my M7. I just factory reset and I'm still stuck in headphone mode! ANy clues on how to resolve this one?

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

I had that exact same problem. I re-installed the ROM I was running (InsertCoin) and the problem was fixed.

Solution: get q tip. Remove 90% of the cotton. Twist it to keep the fibers from coming loose. Twist it around in your jack until the icon goes away. Its a dirty jack. Just clean it. Be careful, don't push hard, be patient. Took me 3 tries and its fixed.
    mbilalzafar likes this.

You're using 4.1.2, my friend is using the latest Software version sense6.0,
    suggest that you can upgrade your phone first to see if can solve the headset icon.

Iam still this problum how can solve it

Default I got the solution!

Hi folks, I just had this problem and I know the feels.
    Now you don't have to worry, the solution is this:
    Try using your radio built-in application over and over again. Doing this will make your mobile to search recursively for a headphone/headset signal. Since there is no headphone actually plugged in, your mobile will eventually detect that in fact, this is true and will exit that obnoxious headset mode.

Hope this can help you all guys.

Pd. I'm not sure if I used English wrong, if that happens to be the case: sry for bad English. Lol.

Ive got the solution. Takes only 3 minutes
    Put a pin inside the audio connector, and make sure the headphone symbol is turned off.
    Keep it like this and turn off your phone. whilst rebooting take the pin out.... shazaaaam works every time

The soundabout app worked! I tried everything. Cleaning did nothing. After installing the app, go to Connectable devices, wired headset settings, turn OFF wired headset detection.

thanks so much this worked for me!!!!

Your tip works. Thanx friend.

Nice tip.