That unibody design.

Ghazi Casaca

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So, I`ve been using a HTC One for a while and there`s something confusing me, the device has a sim tray that pops out with the use of a small tool and one of the reasons that they didin`t add a microsd card slot was because of the so called unibody closed design, my question is; if they were able to put a sim card tray, wouldn`t putting a microsd card slot with the same tool thing removal be just as easy ?

TSkizzle

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC said the reason that they couldn't fit the micro sd slot in the international version of the One was because of all the LTE antennas that had to go in it. On the Chinese version there are less antennas so the got the micro sd slot. Don't know if that's the real reason or not, just what was stated by HTC.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
From what I recall the official reason the Chinese version got microSD and dual sim slots was due to the available space the radios left. The version we get did not have sufficient space for a microSD slot since it likely would have either gone via a slot or it would have required a removable battery door.

Either way, its possible HTC may offer us a microSD in the HTC One Maxx since it will be BIGGER and have more room to play. Honestly I care more about maximum internal storage than I do a microSD so as long as they give me 64GB of space I am good.