Basic questions about first usage.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a bummer. You'll have to try one of the other solutions. Also WinAmp has wireless syncing and import from iTunes.

Posted via Android Central App

I was just trying it right now, but it freezes in my mac and when I restart it and sync again, instead of copying the missing songs it recopies everything again, this shouldn't be so hard damn it. Nothing seems to work.

Now it got funnier, as I tried to play the multiple clone songs, the player said it couldn't play that file, so I went to storage, make more space, and guess what? There is no music in there. Checked back into the music player, and the thousands of clone songs where there, but not one played, even my lock screen music widget displayed the artworks. I have one day with this phone and I can't believe I can't transfer music to my ?ber phone without making a mess out of it. Any ideas to transfer the music and delete the weird not playing, non existent songs that show in the player? thanks. Love.

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
No I may have phrased that wrong. I was not able to transfer playlists, just songs (albums and their artwork should be inside each album's folder).

Android File Transfer

Congratulations on getting the device! Don't worry about any design flaws as long as they aren't in the screen itself or interfering with your usage (which I doubt). You can also perform a HTC Function Test to make sure all the hardware is functioning properly by dialing this code; *#*#3424#*#*

Also grab ES File Explorer or a similar file explorer from the PlayStore and then go to the Music folder and delete everything that's inside.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No I may have phrased that wrong. I was not able to transfer playlists, just songs (albums and their artwork should be inside each album's folder).

Android File Transfer

Congratulations on getting the device! Don't worry about any design flaws as long as they aren't in the screen itself or interfering with your usage (which I doubt). You can also perform a HTC Function Test to make sure all the hardware is functioning properly by dialing this code; *#*#3424#*#*

Also grab ES File Explorer or a similar file explorer from the PlayStore and then go to the Music folder and delete everything that's inside.

Thank you man! Indeed it's physically flawless, however, I still can't manage to upload my music correctly, your method works, but it clones some songs, and doesn't copy all artwork, kinda frustrated here :/

Another weird thing is that it came with an European Ac Adapter, not an american one. Weird, made another thread about it, I haven't bought the simcard so I'm not entirely sure if it will work given it came with another ac adapter being the international version it should come with both or the american one, given that I bought it from an american store.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Under no circumstances should your device be intentionally drained. The best maintenance for your lithium-ion battery is to keep the charge as high as reasonably possible, ie. top it off often when it is not in use.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Under no circumstances should your device be intentionally drained. The best maintenance for your lithium-ion battery is to keep the charge as high as reasonably possible, ie. top it off often when it is not in use.

Thank you! Btw, do you know the best way to sync music into the One from a mac? Tried Winamp, and froze, tried android transfer, but cloned double songs and no artwork transfered. Quite frustrated here.

ha5smu

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It has a learning mode so you can set it up with any device even if not listed. The listed remotes are quite comprehensive though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Btw, do you know the best way to sync music into the One from a mac? Tried Winamp, and froze, tried android transfer, but cloned double songs and no artwork transfered. Quite frustrated here.

i haven't tried google music yet. i will likely give it a shot this weekend. but i do have well over 20,000 tracks in my itunes and much of it was not purchased...(i shouldn't assume that google will only allow AAC or whatever files).

anyway, only here to also recommend isyncr or android file transfer. i am on apple computers, and the htc sync manager that came with my phone was garbage. i literally threw it away. this is something i think we will have to learn to accept until someone posts or creates a meaningful app. apple itunes and android don't mix (well). good luck.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i haven't tried google music yet. i will likely give it a shot this weekend. but i do have well over 20,000 tracks in my itunes and much of it was not purchased...(i shouldn't assume that google will only allow AAC or whatever files).

anyway, only here to also recommend isyncr or android file transfer. i am on apple computers, and the htc sync manager that came with my phone was garbage. i literally threw it away. this is something i think we will have to learn to accept until someone posts or creates a meaningful app. apple itunes and android don't mix (well). good luck.

Yeah, Htc sync manager sucks for me, I'll guess I will pay iSyncr, as google music is not available in my country. If anyone else has another idea. Call it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I used "Easy Phone Tunes" to transfer my music. It wasn't as easy as some of the others that have been mentioned, but it isn't terribly hard either. You just have to tether which is lame. You might give that a try.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
how does it work?

I haven't used it for a few months so I don't know if they've updated it or not. But you download it to your Mac and to your phone. Then you open the program on your Mac and it will guide you through it. Basically you just open the app on your phone as well while it's open on the Mac, and it will tell you to tether your device with usb or however. Then you select what to transfer (music files, photos, movies, etc) and then it does it. It will do all songs that aren't DRM protected, but that's Apple's fault.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The way most of these apps work is to replicate the iTunes side of the iOS equivalent with a server of some kind and then built into the player on your device there is a client to grab the music from the server. I found the HTC sync software to be complete crap. I use DoubleTwist, but all the other apps people have mentioned basically work the same way when syncing music.

As LegalAmerican stated, everything that isn't DRM'ed should work just fine depending on the player and what formats they support. Of course, it's the music industry that is to blame for DRM, not Apple.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The way most of these apps work is to replicate the iTunes side of the iOS equivalent with a server of some kind and then built into the player on your device there is a client to grab the music from the server. I found the HTC sync software to be complete crap. I use DoubleTwist, but all the other apps people have mentioned basically work the same way when syncing music.

As LegalAmerican stated, everything that isn't DRM'ed should work just fine depending on the player and what formats they support. Of course, it's the music industry that is to blame for DRM, not Apple.

Guess what? iSyncr did the job fine, had to download some covers from gracenote and replace some, but it is fine now, however, do you know how to edit song details inside the stock music app of the One? Thanks everyone, I hope not to find more issues regarding music sync.
EDIT:
Do you know how to sync images properly? With a mac of course.