HTC One Battery Problems

kim31227

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum :)

I recently bought a HTC One around a month ago and I've been enjoying it ever since. However, the battery life has dropped dramatically ever since the last couple of days. It only lasts for about 3 hours if I'm lucky and that is only with simple messaging, phone calls, and taking pictures. Plus, that is with Power Saver on!! I have to charge it 2, 3 times a day!! Also, when it gets to around 50% it just randomly turns itself off and when I turn it back on again, it says that I don't have any battery!! I'm loving the phone itself but the battery life is horrible. I can't live with this horrible battery life; is there any way to fix it? If necessary, I'm willing to take to the HTC Service Center but that is a last resort.

Thank you in advance!!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried backing up your data and doing a factory reset? If not, do that first and try it out for a couple of days. And if it works, add your apps you use one by one slowly just incase it was an errant app that caused your issue. If after a factory reset it keeps doing what you described, I would send it to hTc to get repaired.

Hope this helps!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried backing up your data and doing a factory reset? If not, do that first and try it out for a couple of days. And if it works, add your apps you use one by one slowly just incase it was an errant app that caused your issue. If after a factory reset it keeps doing what you described, I would send it to hTc to get repaired.

Hope this helps!

Before you do a complete reset, You can try to use the built in battery app in phone settings to make sure it isn't one rogue app doing it. If you see a certain app going nuts, that should be it. You can also disable certain apps if you want to test out to see if it is that app causing the problem.

Next step would be to reset like user above me said. Then if you still have the problem it would most likely be hardware, and you would have to go to the carrier or HTC for service.

kim31227

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
But then how would you explain the random shutting off my phone does when it still has plenty of battery? The same thing happened today; it turned off at 85% battery. Also, if this helps anyhow, the SIM card I use with my HTC One, I previously used with a Galaxy S4 which I traded off.