4.2.2 bricked phone

akf2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to install the 4.2.2 update - initially I had to install a 'bug fix' package, then it downloaded 4.2.2 but it said the download was corrupt.

Now my screen just has a large red triangle with an exclamation mark over it! I have no idea what to do. I've lost everything!

akf2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
phew!!!! it stayed on that red triangle screen for about 10 mins, then out of nowhere it restarted and now I'm back to normal. I don't think I'll try updating OTA again!

Jakiro201

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Solved it by a hard reset and everything went smooth again.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If your device is completely stock (no root, custom recovery, etc.) then you should have no problems installing the OTA update. Just make sure your internet connection lasts long enough for the whole update to be downloaded and not 99% of it, for instance.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If your device is completely stock (no root, custom recovery, etc.) then you should have no problems installing the OTA update. Just make sure your internet connection lasts long enough for the whole update to be downloaded and not 99% of it, for instance.

Yeah like I did once with an S2 update. I forgot it was DL'ing the update and I switched from 3G to wifi. All went normal except that it said update was corrupt BUT it tried to install anyways! Never gave me an option to install or install later. I went bonkers after the large triangle in the middle of my screen. Thankfully a battery pull fixed it and it re-downloaded the update and it went smoothly.

RussST24

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had exactly the same issue. Stock Rom.
Started download at work after the small patch and the WiFi kicked me off and it was stuck with corrupted updated.
Then said it's ok ,reboot into red triangle.
Hold power button for 5 seconds and it rebooted back no problem.
Just no update.
Stuck in corrupt loop. (phone ok and usable just can't update)
Had to factory reset device after backing everything up and using Helium to back up my app data.
After factory reset it updated to 4.22 no problem.

Russ

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon