Google Location Services Problem?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else had something like this happen?

The last few days now, I've noticed that toward the end of the work day, my T-Mobile HTC One (totally stock other than apps I've downloaded) seems to "lose" its ability to use Google Location Services to set my location, or otherwise it starts misinterpreting the location data. Basically, it maps me to a location that's about half an hour's drive and a small body of water away. At my office the building blocks GPS signals, so I'm relying on WiFi and cell towers to approximate my location. The phone is connected to the same WiFi network all day and I checked it around noon, when it was still pegging my location correctly, and then again around 4:30pm, and it had bounced me to the wrong location. The problem isn't limited to a specific app, as every app that uses location (Maps, Weather, Ingress, Yelp, etc.) lands me in the same place. The only thing that fixes it is a full reboot of the phone; simply turning GPS and Google Location Services on/off doesn't do the trick. Anyone else had this happen on their One, or any other phone? Is it a device problem, app problem, Android problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463